Universiteit van Amsterdam Faculty of Economics (Department Quantitative Economics)
Exam Statistics 1 14 July 2005 Time: 9.30 - 11.30 hours
Results and availability The results will be announced no later than 22 July 2005; they will be posted on the Blackboard as soon as possible. Exam scripts...
The modern family
– What is the modern family?
* Modern family is a nuclear family and a traditional family
* The father is the breadwinner
* The mother is a stay at home wife
* And children are at home also
* More intimate relationship between husbands and wives...
Chapter 9:Romantic Relationships
(research on homosexual relationships can help distinguish between sex and status)
I. RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT
a. Characteristics Desired in a Mate
* Women seek men that are attractive, educated, good financial status and good work ethic...
“A Cold-Blooded Effort to Bolster up the
Legal Profession”: The Battle Between
Lawyers and Notaries in
British Columbia, 1871–1930
Notaries in British Columbia have managed to retain authority to offer to the public
legal services that, in other Canadian jurisdictions (exc...
Feminists and Gender definitions:
* a supporter of feminism of or relating to or advocating equal rights for women; "feminist critique"
* A person who supports the equality of women with men; A member of a feminist political movement; One who believes in the social, political...
April 23, 2013
* Sexual Scripts are the learned guidelines for sexual expression that provide individuals with a sense of appropriate sexual behaviors & sexual desires for that particular culture
* Women as passive, men as active in the U.S. culture...
Write a 4-5 page, typewritten essay on a topic related to Language Policy and Planning in the context of education in the US. You can interview linguists or educationists for this essay but this is not mandatory, you can base your essay only on the readings on these topics from the class. In your di...
MCO473: Sex, Love, & Romance in the Mass Media • FALL 2009 • Dr. Mary-Lou Galician
FOR EXAM #1 (MIDTERM EXAM)
TUESDAY, October 6, 2009 — 3:00 P.M. SHARP*
75 items (2 points each: possible total = 150 points) — 50 minutes
*If you come to the exam after even just ONE stu...
GENDER AND HUMAN SEXUALITY
EXPLICATION OF VARIOUS CONCEPTS
Sex: refers to a person‘s biological/physiological characteristics
Gender: refers to the social, cultural and economic attributes and opportunities associated with being male or female. In almost all societies, men and wome...
Gender, Politics and Power
For feminism-separate gender from sex. Refers to the socio-cultural definition. Societies assign men and women social roles. Used as an analytical tool to understand social realities. Every culture has its ways of valuing girls and boys and assigning th...
The Pros of Same-Sex Education
Socially, same-sex schools are emotionally easier on students. Stereotypes based on gender are not a huge issue in these settings. Girls are more outspoken and competitive when boys are not around to tease them. They also feel more comfortable participating in sports...
GENDER AND CITIZENSHIP ARE IMPORTANT FOR DEVELOPMENT, DISCUSS.
Good governance is recognised as being essential to poverty reduction efforts and respect for human rights, conflict prevention, growth and environmental protection. From a restricted point of view, governance should be focused on sou...
Juvenile Justice System
Independent Study, IND 494
June 10, 2008
Summary and Introduction 3
What is Gender Responsiveness? 4
Why is Gender Responsive Care Important? 6
Men as Women Article #1 Outline
Hermaphrodite vs. Transsexual
* 19th century
* Genitals were ambiguous: a one-and-a half inch long penis, partly descended testicles, and a urethral opening. Has vulva, labia majora, and a feminine uretha. Never menstruated, no womb. Whol...
The Effects of Gender Roles
Ohio Valley University
Gender roles are an expression of society’s thought on how a man or woman should be. This is shown by individuals having pressure from the people in society telling them how they need to act, dress, lo...
Soc 201 Online
This paper is an analysis of contemporary issues associated with gender and power in the workplace; which will specifically include a discussion of gender relations, stereotyping, women's identity, the structuring of formal and informal power,...
What is meant by identity? Firstly this essay is going to explore what is meant by identity. Identity is made up of individual characteristics by which a person is known. Internal factors such as physical appearance, personality, mental ability and sex would have an affect on a person's identity. Th...