adidas – a name that stands for competence in all sectors of sport around the globe. The vision of company founder Adolf (“Adi”) Dassler has long become reality and his corporate philosophy the guiding principle for successor generations. The idea was as simple as it was brilliant. Adi...
scenario in China with the Germany based sportswear manufacturing giant Adidas in focus. China, the world’s most populated country was fast emerging as the next economic superpower and sporting industry in China was flourishing. Adidas had entered the Chinese market in early 1990’s through agents and by...
2011 ‐ 2016
MET AD 711
Leadership and Strategy
December 18, 2010
What business are we in?
What business are we in?
– Athletic Performance Enhancing Footwear,
Apparel & Equipment (80%)
– Athletic Fashion Styled Footwear...
adidas did Strategic Analysis Strategic Analysis 2011 ‐ 2016
David Bajak MET AD 711 Leadership and Strategy December 18, 2010
What business are we in? What business are we in?
• Currently l
– Athletic Performance Enhancing Footwear, Apparel & Equipment (80%) – Athletic Fashion Styled Footwear...
beverage categories? Explain.
2) What is competition like in the alternative beverage industry? Which of the fivecompetitiveforces is strongest? Which is weakest? What competitiveforces seem to
have the greatest effect on industry attractiveness and the potential profitability of new
TOPIC 1: THE MARKET ENVIRONMENT
Nike is supposed to be one of the most competitive sports and Fitness Company in the world. According to the directors of the company despite the fact that The Pacific Northwest is Nike’s hometown, the company had expanded its business to every corner of the world...
Inc. and Adidas AG
This report is an analysis of the athletic shoes industry on both a global and U.S. market. This report is to analyze the external and internal issues facing this athletic shoes industry, and the companies that operate within it. This analysis includes...
Nike Brief History
Nike has one mission statement: To carry out the legacy of innovative thinking left by the founding members by developing products that enable athletes of all abilities to maximize their potential while beating competition and creating value...
pursuing, is it working?
2. Does the satellite navigation industry offer attractive opportunities for growth? What kind of competitiveforces are industry members facing and how do the forces influence the outlook for industry profitability?
3. What are the strengths and weaknesses of TomTom? What are the...
competition like in the golf equipment industry? What competitiveforces seem to have the greatest effect on industry attractiveness?
2. How is the golf equipment industry changing? What are the underlying drivers of change and how might those driving forces change the industry?
3. What does your...
Family name Bao First name Cheng ( Steven )
The analysis of Nike in athletic footwear market based on porter’s Fiveforces model
One and a half months ago, the biggest athletic event in the world ultimately drew its curtains after a pitched one-month-long...
March 29, 2012
Adidas Case Analysis
Adidas went through a stage of restructuring when the company’s corporate strategy needed to be revamped. Before 2009, adidas focused on making acquisitions that would ultimately lead to overtaking Nike...
adidas VS nike
A bird’s eye view of the e-marketing concepts incorporated by the giants of sports apparel.
2. Porter’s CompetitiveForces
3. SWOT Analysis of Adidas and Nike
4. E-Business Model
industry? What is the industry like?
2. What is competition like in the golf equipment industry? What competitiveforces seem to have the greatest effect on industry attractiveness? What are the competitive weapons that rivals are using to try to outmaneuver one another in the marketplace? Is the pace of...
* In 2008, Adidas achieved a number of significant strategic goals. However, it has lost market share in the athletic footwear market to Nike through the first nine months of the year.
* Adidas has a strategy that´s focused on extending its leadership in product...
should not bother you unduly. The case method is intended to lead us to the right questions, to build discussion and debate, and to force us to reconcile differences in analysis with those of our peers. In preparing a case, begin by reading it through at least two times: (1) Very briefly to get a “feel”...