the Revolutionary War. Confine your answer to the period 1775–1783.
3. Analyze the ways in which controversy over the extension of slavery into western territories contributed to the coming of the CivilWar. Confine your answer to the period 1845–1861.
4. Analyze the roles that women played in...
ways do you agree or disagree with this statement?
2. 1972 What role did unfree labor play in colonial American society?
3. 1973 From 1600 to 1763, several European nations vied for control of the North American continent. Why did England win the struggle?
4. 1974 “Puritanism bore within itself...
illustrated in the following:
Legislative assemblies Commerce Religion (95)
3. Analyze the extent to which religious freedom existed in the British North American colonies prior to 1700. (98)
4. Analyze the cultural and economic responses of TWO of the following groups to the...
I need help on a Post CivilWar AP History Essay Question!? - The Question is…Explainwhy and how the role of the federalgovernment changes as a result of the civilwar with respect to two of the followingduring the period 1861-1877. Race Relations/Economic Development/Westward Expansion.My IdeasRace...
settlements in New England in the seventeenth century in terms of TWO of the following:
An essay that receives an (8-9) has ALL of the following:
1. Cleary states the differences between two aspects of the Spanish and English settlements of the time period
SELECTION OF PAST AP U.S. FREE RESPONSE QUESTIONS:
Part 1: Colonial Period to CivilWar
Colonial Times 1607 -1775
1. From 1600 -1763, several European nations vied for control of the North American continent. Why did England win the struggle? (73)
2. In the seventeenth century, New England...
Placement United States History is a rigorous course designed to provide a college-level experience and preparation for the AP Exam in May. It is a two-semester survey of American history from the age of exploration and discovery to the present. Solid reading and writing skills, along with a willingness...
the United States faced between 1968 and 1974, and evaluate how President Richard Nixon’s administration responded to them.
1. Explain the ways that participation in political campaigns and elections in the United States changed between 1815 and 1840, and analyze forces and events that led...
aspirations fulfilled during
the seventeenth century? (83)
3. Between 1607 and 1763, Americans gained control of their political and economic
institutions. To what extent and in what ways do you agree or disagree with this
4. What role did unfree labor play...
you to "briefly answer" a question, provide 1-3 paragraphs
(depending on the question)that answer the question directly in the first two
sentences then provide specific factual information (SFI) to support your
answer. Don't Copy!
Stromberg* If, as Richard O. Curry writes, “the politics of the CivilWar and Reconstruction ought to be considered as a unit,”1 then the politics of Reconstruction began the moment that Abraham Lincoln and other Northern leaders chose war over the Lower South’s secession.
WAR, POLITICS, AND PEACE
with documents which are not included here. In addition the true difficulty of these questions is essay analysis...what is the question really asking? How is this question different from just a descriptive essay? Included below is a scoring guide to go with the first DBQ, but each guide indifferent. If...
AP® U.S. History is a challenging course that is meant to be the equivalent of a freshman college course and can earn students college credit. It is a two-semester survey of American history from the age of exploration and discovery to the present. Solid reading and writing skills, along with a willingness...
context of two of the following:
With the upset in balance of the Mexican War, antislavery activists were upset about any potential compromise while with the Kansas-Nebraska act, they settled with the idea of them being in a state of popular sovereignty.
The acquisitions of the Mexican War triggered...
and political developments of TWO of the early
colonial settlement areas:
c. New England (30 pts)
2. Some historians have argued the Puritanism was especially suited for life in the
wilderness of 17th century America. Do you agree or disagree? Explain (10pts)
3. To what extent...
part of the AP exam, which constitutes 50 percent of the test.
2. The outlines will also strengthen your ability to analyze events, and hopefully see how they fit into larger issues throughout U.S. history.
3. In addition each outline will usually have an accompanying essay that will help improve your...
To what extent did the CivilWar constitute a revolution in American society?
Structuring an Introductory Paragraph:
1. Establish the setting of the essay. Briefly introduce the reader to the subject.
- Example: “The CivilWar, occurring between the years 1861 and 1865, was the most...
Paralysis in the Gilded Age – 1869-1896
Theme: Even as post–CivilWar America expanded and industrialized, political life in the Gilded Age was marked by ineptitude, stalemate, and corruption. Despite their similarity at the national level, the two parties competed fiercely for offices and spoils, while...
The United States Constitution has 27 amendments. An amendment is a change or addition to a legal statutory document. Some may wonder how and why these amendments have become part of the Constitution. What process does it take in order for an amendment to become part of the Constitution, one...
Consolidating the Revolution 39
Chapter 8 Creating a Nation 43
Chapter 9 Society and Politics in the Early Republic 47
PART III. An Expanding People, 1820-1877 51
Chapter 10 Economic Transformations in the Northeast and the Old Northwest 52
Chapter 11 Slavery and the Old South 56
Chapter 12 Shaping America...