Session #1 Lab 1
OBSERVING BACTERIA AND BLOOD
BIO-218A Microbiology Lab
Friday, January 17, 5:00pm
Objective(s): Our objective is to gain knowledge of the functions and operations of the microscope through observation of bacteria and blood...
Collection, Observation, and Analysis of Microorganisms in the human environment
The necessity and value of collecting, identifying, and analyzing the various microbes regularly encountered in the daily human environment becomes quite apparent...
Page I - Cover sheet
In the middle f the page give name and number of your microorganism
In the right lower corner provide
- your name
- Lab section number (Biol 108-005)
- Date submitted ( 4/18/2013)
- the unknown tube # is 5
Page II table of result - This page will have your table of res...
Lab Report #1: Observing Bacteria
This lab exercise familiarized the student with the use of a microscope by observing and identifying various different slides under the microscope. The student practiced observing the given slides under the 10x, 40x,...
2. this will differentiate Staphylococcus aureus from Staphylococcus epidermidis.
3. B. Staphylococcus aureus
4. the plasma clotted (gelled), indicating a positive coagulase, which indicates S. aureus having followed the diagnostic scheme so far. the beta-hemolysis of this...
Methyl Red and Voges-Proskauer Test
The Methyl Red test shows which bacteria are creating stable acids through mixed acid fermentation of glucose. This helps to identify enteric bacteria by examining how they metabolise glucose. Every enteric bacteria first produces pyruvic acid from...
A Guide to Writing an Engineering Laboratory (Lab) Report
Department of Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Science,
University Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
Laboratory (Lab) reports are the most frequent document written by engineering student. These reports can contribute...
The discussion section of the lab report is where the results are interpreted, especially as they relate to the goals stated in the Introduction. It is also a place where experimental anomalies, errors, or other surprising results can be discussed.
For Chemistry 1210 lab, the expected leng...
Ink Chromatography Lab
Background of Chromatography
1. Chromatography is a procedure used to separate or analyze mixtures.
2. Chromatography is used in everyday industries, like Pharmaceutical companies and marker companies, too!
The purpose of this lab...
February 21, 2012
Staining and Identifying Unknown Bacteria
The microbiology lab up to this point has been used to teach the students how to stain and identify bacteria. There are several types of staining through which the bacteria ca...
Online BIO 150 Introductory Microbiology #3 Lab Report
NAME __ Lab Group 2_____
Answer the following questions as you work your way through the lab material typing in your answers. Then submit your finished lab report as a Microsoft Word document. This lab report is worth 100 points towards yo...
In this lab experiment we did several test to determine what our unknown bacteria was. To determine this we recorded the results of how the bacteria reacted to different media. Depending on the...
Crime and Dye Lab
Special Projects 1
Light is usually viewed as a result of the heating of a substance. The higher the temperature at which the substance is heated, the greater the vibrations that lead to certain light intensity given o...
Anatomy and Physiology
14 Small-Scale Experiments for Independent Study
Published by Hands-On Labs, Inc.
Anatomy and Physiology: Independent Laboratory Exercises for the First Semester
Designed to accompany Anatomy & Physiology LabPaq AP-1 062211
LabPaq® is a...
IB Internal Assessment Guide
1. Your overall IB mark (the one sent to universities after the IB test) in any IB science course is based upon two kinds of assessments or grades:
• External Assessment: Your score on end-of-course exam (76% of total IB mark)
• Internal Assessment: Your perfo...
• Be on time! The pre-laboratory discussion is started at the beginning of each lab and attendance to this is mandatory since the experimental details and safety precautions are discussed. If you miss the discussion, you will not be able to participate in the lab and will be marked ab...
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING LAB REPORTS
The title of a scientific paper is meant to inform the reader precisely about the contents of the article. It should state exactly what was studied and the outcome of the study. It may even include information about the technique that was used. Your...
Writing Lab Reports in Organic 3 – CHEM324
David de Bellefeuille
Laboratory Report Breakdown
The laboratory experience comprises 9 sections. 8 of these are to be given separate
headings in the final report and all sections are awarded marks. The entire grade for the
VIBRATIONAL-ROTATIONAL SPECTRA OF HCl
Physical Chemistry Laboratory II, CHEM 3155.001
April 20, 2012
Introduction and Objective
The experimental objective of this lab was to collect an IR spectrum of gaseous HCl and from it the experimental rotational constant, B, and fundamental vibration freq...