software to be valid.
3. A managementinformationsystem can use data provided by a transaction processingsystem.
4. Decision support systems are tailored to the unique information needs of executives.
5. Communication and...
applications include such operations as simulating the path of a satellite in orbit, automatic control of chemical processing plants, navigation of aircraft and ships, etc. Commercial applications include pay‑roll systems, invoicing systems, stock control systems, managementinformationsystems, etc...
variable in the contingency theory paradigm. Expectations of relationships between competitive strategy, processingsystem complexity and
Electronic copy available at: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1358302
product perishability, and management accounting sophistication were not, however, supported...
and setting organizational objectives. Information provided to top management is highly summarized.
2. Explain the differencebetweendata and information.
Data are facts which may or may not be processed; data have no particular impact on the user. Information is processed data that...
do u mean by the database abstraction?how many types are there?
5) Differencebetween file oriented approach and database management.
6) Differencebetween Database systems and Knowledge base systems.
7) Explain the client server architechure in detail.
8) What is the architecture...
5. Discuss the function and use of a modem and a multiplexer.
6. What is the differencebetween a switched and a dedicated line?
7. Define the term computer network.
8. Identify three distributed dataprocessing alternatives.
9. What advantages and disadvantages are associated with the use of...
Managementinformationsystems are computer systems that serve as a bridge between people, hardware and software. Working in unison, the use of one common database allows end users to interact, interpret and apply data within the organization. MIS serves as a data access hub between...
do not emphasize producing the specific information products that can best be used by managers. Further processing by managementinformationsystems is usually required. The role of a business firm’s operations support systems is to efficiently process business transactions, control industrial...
DBMS and OODBMS
DBMS- Database ManagementSystem
Interfaces between application programs and physical data files
Separates logical and physical views of data
A system whose overall purpose is to record and maintain information
A database is a repository for stored data and programs to...
processingsystems in BSNS 106?
4. Why are people considered to be an important component of an informationsystem?
5. What types of informationsystems are typically used by high-level management?
Computer-based informationsystems are organised collections of people, procedures...
for your office from an office supply company.
Mobile Commerce – Purchasing a Kindle from Amazon.
Transaction Processing – Payroll System used by employer.
ManagementInformation – Produce weekly and annual managerial reports.
Decision Support – Factoring where to build your next...
management knowledge of ICT systems and their capabilities |
INFORMATIONSYSTEMS AND ORGANISATIONS
The differencebetween an InformationSystem and a DataProcessingSystemDataprocessingsystems p.202 www.webopedia.com/TERM/d/data_processing.html
design support system.
11.What is the differencebetween and intranet and an extranet?
Intranet: an internal network based on web technologies that allows people with an organization to exchange information and work on projects.
Extranet: a network based on web technologies that allows selected...
signal as it travels from sending device to receiving device
* What is a protocol and why is it important in electronic communication?
* Rules governing data communication including error detection, message length, speed
* What is the differencebetween a switch and a router...
A computer is an electronic device which manipulates or transforms data. It accepts data, stores data, process data according to a set of instructions, and also retrieve the data when required. Hence it is known as a data processor.
➢ What is dataprocessing? Differentiate betweendata and...
profitability which this study seeks to provide how MIS impacts on banking Services. Using relevant primary and secondary sources of data where the statically tools of percentages and Chi-square were used to analyse the data and show the degree of association betweenmanagementInformationSystems and Banks...
, the data mart is designed to create a snapshot of the information, but there is a distinct differencebetween the two. The difference is that a data mart is designed based upon the predetermined use by the organization. If the organization has special and specific analysis requirements, they can...
, one that is designed to support the operations, management, and decision functions of an organization. Informationsystems in organizations thus provide information support for decision makers. Informationsystems encompass transaction processingsystems, managementinformationsystems, decision...