Not met * Major points supported by specific details/examples Mostly met * Research is adequate/timely NA * Writer has gone beyond textbook for resources yes | Individual Assignment: Organism Physiology Paper * * Locate a diagram of an organism with the mainorgans and structures...
. Examine the outside shape of the sheep’s kidney and then draw the shape of the kidney.
5. Measure the dimensions of the kidney with a ruler and add them to the diagram of the shape of the kidney. (Note any other structures attached to the kidneys and include these in the diagram.)
how individual parts of organisms, ecosystems, or man-made structures can influence one another. b. Explain ways that things including organisms, ecosystems, or man-made structures may not work as well (or at all) if a part is missing, broken, worn out, mismatched, or misconnected. A3 Constancy and...
particular structure that enables them to carry out their function in the best way.
2. Draw a labeleddiagram of a small section of the plasma membrane and briefly describe its structure and function.
3. Describe the difference between the animal and plant cells.
Plant Cells have cell...
in the field of being physiologist, surgeon, anesthesiology and more. By observing the different
fields enumerated, all of them need the knowledge of human anatomy.
The term human anatomy comprises a consideration of the various structures which make up the human organism.
their environment. | | |
Individual Physiology Assignment | Locate a diagram of the internal anatomy of an organism with the mainorgans and structureslabeled. Write a 350- to 700-word paper explaining how the organism in the diagram has evolved physiologically to become suited to its...
STRUCTURES AND FUNCTIONS Use the diagram to answer the following questions.
The diagram below summarizes the electron transport chain and chemiosmosis in aerobic respiration. Label the substances that are transported along the arrows labeled a–d in the spaces provided. Label the reactants or...
body tissues and thus organs. The animal cell, though, is pretty distinct from a plant cell due to the absence of cell walls and chloroplast. All the animal cells are not of the same shape, size or function but the main cellular mechanism is same which helps in proper functioning of the body. There are...
cuticle? a. 1 c. 3 b. 2 d. 4 ANS: B DIF: 2 OBJ: 37-1.1
14. Refer to the illustration above. The structureslabeled “1” are a. similar to structures found on spiders. b. used to take in air and water. c. specialized for sensing the environment. d. reproductive organs. ANS: C DIF: 2 OBJ: 37-1.3
7. Draw a cell with the cellular structureslabeled A- F below.
8. State the life functions, the functional tissues, one organ and system with the same function, and the organism associated with each of the organelles below.
|Organelle/cellstructure |Life function and...
. The respiratory organs in aquatic gastropods are primitive lungs. _________________________
____ 17. Gastropods have two shells. _________________________
____ 18. The excretory structures in mollusks are called nephridia. _________________________
____ 19. Bivalves obtain food by predation...
ANS: A DIF: E REF: p. 908 OBJ: 35.4.2
35. Which labeledstructure in Figure 35–2 creates pressure waves in the cochlea?
a.|structure A|c.|structure C|
b.|structure B|d.|structure D|
ANS: A DIF: E REF: p. 908 OBJ...
) carbon dioxide
Inter.-Level Science — June ’03
(3) x rays (4) infrared light 24 Cells are to tissues as tissues are to (1) microbes (3) systems (2) organs (4) bacteria 25 Which group is made up of organisms that are all members of the same kingdom? (1) cat, frog, and mushroom (2) mold, bacteria, and...
cell is diploid
4. Distinguish between sexual and asexual reproduction.
The main difference between sexual and asexual reproduction is that asexual reproduction makes clones while sexual reproduction provides variable offspring.
5. Distinguish between sister chromatids and homologous...
the respiratory system.
What structures are unique to each of the following groups: fish, amphibians, birds, reptiles, and mammals?
2. Comparison Chart
Major respiratory organ(s)
Diagram of Unique structures
are used to illustrate the relationships between structure and function.
There should be a focus on the interdependence of the internal processes occurring at the organ and cellular
levels in maintaining the organism in a healthy state.
Diseases common in the Caribbean variously affect the quality...
State one feature that is common to structures Q and R which enables them to be carried by wind.
Referring to the diagram, explain how bread mould is adapted for obtaining nutrients.
HKCEE BIOLOGY | 2.1 Diversity of organisms |