responses of TWO of the following groups to the Indians of North America before 1750.
2. Analyze the differences between the Spanish settlements in the Southwest and the English Colonies in New England in the 17th century in terms of TWO of the following:
PLACEMENT EXAMS 1979-2009
The following questions are listed chronologically by subjects. It is hoped that clues as to how subjects in United States History can be presented analytically can be identified by studying this list. Many of the questions required students to comparetwo or more periods of history...
Part 1: Colonial Period to Civil War
Colonial Times 1607 -1775
1. From 1600 -1763, several European nations vied for control of the North American continent. Why did England win the struggle? (73)
2. In the seventeenth century, New England Puritans tried to create a model society. What were...
wrote these on the AP exam did NOT get to see the questions in advance and used no notes to study for them. Those essays marked DBQ came with documents which are not included here. In addition the true difficulty of these questions is essay analysis...what is the question really asking? How is this question...
African countries for the purpose of nation building. The article contends that nation building and sustainable development require stable nations in which case multicultural education has a role to play. Multicultural education can be seen as a reform movement that seeks to accommodate society’s cultural...
FRQ: Compare and contrast the different ways in which economic development affected politics in Massachusetts and Virginia in the period from 1607 to 1750.
Direction: Compare and contrast
Divisions: beginning settlement, religion, means of economic stability
Thesis: The early settlements of the Massachusetts...
course with an understanding of the ideals and philosophies upon which the government of United States was established; to have the students see the evolution of the United States into a powerful and resourceful nation; and to watch the two interact as the government sought to become the "more perfect union"...
1. 1971 “Between 1607 and 1763, Americans gained control of their political and economic institutions.”
To what extent and in what ways do you agree or disagree with this statement?
2. 1972 What role did unfree labor play in colonial American society?
3. 1973 From 1600 to 1763, several...
the exploration of a concept that affects our perceptions of ourselves and our world.
Students explore, analyse, question and articulate the ways in which perceptions of this concept are shaped in and through a variety of texts.
Areas of Study are developed by teachers and require students to explore...
reproduced or distributed to any other person without the authorization of IB Cardiff.
–3– N11/3/HISTX/BP2/ENG/TZ0/XX/M Paper 2 markbands: The following bands provide a précis of the full markbands for paper 2 published in the History guide (2008) on pages 71–74. They are intended to assist marking...
AP Exam Essays 2001-2010
2010 AP Exam Essays
1. In what ways did ideas and values held by Puritans influence the political, economic, and social development of the New England colonies from 1630 through the 1660s?
2. Analyze the political, diplomatic, and military reasons for the United States...
1. How did the Indian societies of South and North America differ from European societies at the time the two came into contact? In what ways did Indians retain a “world view” different from that of the Europeans? An obvious distinction between the two civilizations is the Indians lacked weapons, tools...
AP US HISTORY FREE RESPONSE QUESTIONS SINCE 1990
I. Colonial Time 1607 - 1775
1. Throughout the colonial period, economic concerns had more to do with the settling of British North America than did religious concerns. Assess the validity of this statement with specific reference to economic...
you to "briefly answer" a question, provide 1-3 paragraphs
(depending on the question)that answer the question directly in the first two
sentences then provide specific factual information (SFI) to support your
answer. Don't Copy!
not to do so. Around the time of his death, the colonists’ efforts at tobacco farming began to take off, which eventually would have disastrous implications for Powhatan’s people. In the following decades, bloody wars broke out between the Indians and settlers, but the Virginia settlement began to stabilize;...
OUTLINE FOR KENNEDY CHAPTERS 1-4
Complete the following questions for each assigned chapter of Kennedy. Handwrite your response sentences for each question.
Chapter 1: New World Beginnings, 33,000 B.C. –A.D. 1769
1. How did the geographic setting of North America – including its relation to...
The piece of work which is being reviewed is authored by an eminent educationist Krishna Kumar. The title of the book is Prejudice and Pride which has been published by Penguin Books India Limited,Viking in the year 2001. The subtitle of the book ‘School Histories of the Freedom Struggle in India and...
Hohoham | Complex political structure | Agricultural | Highland region near present-day Arizona and New Mexico | Used irrigation to grow two crops a year. Had elaborate multi-room stone structures. |
Mississippian | Privileged class of nobles and priests | Based almost entirely on the production...
RESPONSE QUESTIONS SINCE 1971
I. Colonial Time 1607 - 1775
1. Puritanism bore within itself the seeds of its own destruction. Apply this
2. In the seventeenth century, New England Puritans tried to create a model society.
What were their aspirations...
A Guide for Instructors
THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
Creating a Nation and a Society
New York Boston San Francisco
London Toronto Sydney Tokyo Singapore Madrid
Mexico City Munich Paris Cape...