source of information. For example, if the prompt asks you to compare and contrast the Chesapeake and the New England
colonies, you need to decide if they are more similar or different, whatever position you take, the information in the other area will be your “x” statement. If the
prompt asks you to...
2. Discuss the impact of Thomas Jefferson’s “Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom.”
3. Compare and contrast the different ideological positions regarding the issue of slavery.
4. Explain the reasons for the success of the Federalists in writing and securing the ratification
will know that you are still targeting your answer to this question. [it also helps with the flow] CONCLUSION a] Should refer back to the title. b] Summarises the main arguments of the essay. c] Evaluates the debate based on the "weight of evidence " and not on your personal opinion.
and native Indians at Jamestown and at Massachusetts Bay. Why, after initial cooperation, did the settlers in both colonies end up in conflict with the Indians? Compare and contrast the English settlement at Jamestown with that at Massachusetts Bay. What are the similarities between the two...
"Camelot," Johnson's Great Society, and Nixon's Watergate. In your answer, address the powers of the presidency and the role of the media. (2003B)
65. Describe the patterns of immigration in TWO of the periods listed below. Compare and contrast the responses of Americans to immigrants in these...
that males are taught not to recognize male privilege? Explain why you agree or disagree. Give evidence to support yourposition.
7. “Tribes, Nations, and Bands” – http://dir.yahoo.com/Regional/Countries/United_States/Society_and_Culture/Cultures_and_Groups/Cultures/American__United_States_...
-person pronouns. Focus your attention on the topic and not yourself or the reader.
Explanations can be presented in a variety of methods, such as:
1. Explain a step-by-step process
2. Compare and/or contrast two items
3. Explain with examples
structure your argument, you’ll probably end up working on steps 3 and 4 at the same
There’s no single method of argumentation that will work in every context. One essay
prompt might ask you to compare and contrast two characters, while another asks you to
trace an image through a given work of...
politics of the Gilded Age. (All the presidents and Congress)
2. Compare and contrast the Democratic and Republican parties of the late 1800s in terms of: their leadership; their positions on issues; the constituencies to whom they appealed.
3. Explain the economics of the Gilded Age.
4. What were...
work. The notion of a “toolkit” may well encourage students to evaluate and compare different critical approaches from a position in which basic assumptions about the relationship of the text to the world are unexamined: working through the text through critical reading will often empower students to...
process by which early Portuguese traders acquired slaves in West Africa.
September 24, 2009
Explain how the economies and social structures of New England, the Chesapeake, and the middle colonies differed from one another.
September 28, 2009
Compare and contrast the English colonies of the...
good thing that European culture prevailed.
Which one of the following do you think made the most important contribution to European expansion: Renaissance thought, the search for new trade routes, or new developments in technology? Explainyour choice.
What lessons do you think English colonists...
the conscious mind, health problems such as anxiety or depression can be cured, because the unconscious causes are identified and resolved.
Identify two strengths of the psychodynamic approach (6 marks)
The first strength is that it takes into account bothsides of the nature-nurture debate...
genetic influences while others believe that the complex
forces of the environment are responsible.
Orientation to topic
Discuss the evidence for each of these positions and indicate
how this debate will influence your work
From these above examples you can see...
include political and
constitutional issues that connect with this development. (10pts)
2. Compare and contrast “loose” and “strict” constructionism. Then create a sample application that
explains the BASIS of each position. (12points)
3. Compare and contrast the Federalists and the Democratic...
face value. The only way to understand the vicissitudes of English
(and then British) imperial policy, the only way to formulate an Atlantic history that does justice to both British and colonial history, is to place debates
about the political economy of empire, and the institutions generated by...
Card Companies Be Permitted to Target College Students? The opening text box explains the debate surrounding this issue: One side claims that while students are old enough to have credit cards, some are not responsible enough or, even if they are responsible, should not be subjected to the aggressive...
response. I expect you to write a 600-word critical analysis on one of the topics covered in The Importance of Being Earnest.
SCORING AND GRADING INFORMATION:
* * * In order to earn an "A" on this essay your thesis statement must reflect an arguable position which you then develop and support...
Compare and contrast the cult of domesticity with the goals of the Seneca Falls Convention.
Students will seek to explain the philosophic, religious, capitalistic and military components that created the ethos known as Manifest Destiny. In particular, students will be able to...