Jollibee Food Corporation is the epitome of entrepreneurial success in the Philippines. What started as an ice cream parlor had spawned into a national brand that even the likes of McDonalds cannot top. At present, Jollibee has established a global presence with the opening...
16 April 2012
MLC Community Foundation
2012 Grant application form
Note: Please complete this questionnaire with specific, short answers. Please submit this form as a word document and attach to your email submission.
Please ensure that you keep to the numbering and order as belo...
Brand- a name, term, sign, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller’s good or service as distinct from those of other sellers.
Brand extension- adaptation of an existing brand to a new product area
Brand Loyalty- occurs when a consumer repeatedly purchases the same brand to t...
Class Notes Strategic Management Chapter I I. A. The Nature and Value of Strategic Management Exhibit 1.1, Strategy in Action gives an example of how a poor decision affected Xerox to the tune of $107 billion. Strategic management is defined as the set of decisions and actions that result in the for...
Industry Analysis Guidelines and Research Resources
Online - Short Answer Format
You are a consultant “works” for me. You have been asked to provide an analysis of the industry in which Research in Motion operates (It has a couple formal names depending on which databa...
• Scope of decision
• Main issues involved
• Brief introduction of current state of the business
• Brief overview of important external factors
• What is the timeframe of the decision to be made?
• What needs to be done?
• What is the point?
• What does...
October 20, 2011
Question: “Identify and explain each element of the Expanded 5W Model for Customer Analysis. What role does this analysis play in an overall situation analysis? How might this model be the basis for segmentation? Which of the five do you think provide the m...
Customer Focus and Managing Customer Loyalty
1. Businesses that understand change and are out in front leading, and often creating, change have a strong external focus.
(True; easy; p. 5) (AACSB: Analytic)
2. An essential performance metric is customer s...
Lesson 1 Study Guide
The ITIL V3 Lifecycle Courses – Service Strategy Study Guide
Introduction to Service Strategy
Welcome to the first chapter of your ITIL Training Zone Study Guide. This
document is supplementary to the information available to you online, an...
1. Marriot Case
* owns hotel properties and buildings
* manages hotels
* Leverage Stock price
* Hard to find financing
* Real estate crash – hit real estate development
* BUT: hotel manage profitabl...
: SL GM 612
The objective of this course is to introduce the student with working knowledge of corporate restructuring, mergers
and acquisitions and allia...
Market Entry Timing Strategy
Empirical study (Robinson and Fornell, 1985) shows that first mover 20%, early followers 17%, and late entrants 13% market share. Robinson (1988) believes that the order of entry alone explain 8.9% of the variation in market shares. It has been shown that the longer the...
The Australian airline industry is perhaps one of the most competitive in the world although there have been some interesting developments over the last few days with regards to not only the major players but also some of the smaller operators. Despite the fact that the worldwide economy is still in...
• Understand the importance of strategic positioning and its relationship to the mix.
• Learn to maximize marketing potential by managing portfolios of activities & brands.
SESSION 1 (12/01/12)
Introduction to Str...
Chapter 1 – Introduction
Characteristics of a strategy:
1. Goals that are simple, consistent, long-term
2. Profound understanding of the competitive environment
3. Objective appraisal of resources
4. Effective implementation
Drawback – focus on a single goal may lead to outstanding succe...
Market Segment Strategy-
1) Performance Obj.-Strategic (Qualitative, where are we going?) Operational (Quantitative ($) How will we get there?)
2) Strategic Focus- Where to allocate resources—Unit Sales Volume (Current Revenue Based- Increase customer retention, Increase Customer Use) (New Rev...
Cognizant White Paper
Two-in-a-BoxTM Relationship Model: Cognizant’s Global IT Services Delivery Edge
Through a proprietary methodology called Two-in-aBoxTM (TIB) Relationship Model, Cognizant embeds personnel with demonstrated domain experience in the client organization to hel...
Applied Marketing Strategy and Decision-making Tools
1. Identify and describe the segments of your market. Be sure to include the size of each segment. What variables make these segments distinct and possible for your firm to identify?
The segment of my organizations market is very close to...
Strategy 1 (Winter, 2013)
Professor Joe Porac
This exam is written in reference to the eHarmony case material contained in the course packet. All questions should be answered. Your answers will be graded on the basis of how well you utilize course concepts to frame issues and ju...