from 1630 through the 1660s?
2. Analyze the political, diplomatic, and military reasons for the United States victory in the Revolutionary War. Confine your answer to the period1775–1783.
3. Analyze the ways in which controversy over the extension of slavery into western territories contributed...
1607 - 1775
1. Throughout the colonial period, economic concerns had more to do with the settling of British North America than did religious concerns. Assess the validity of this statement with specific reference to economic and religious concerns. (90)
2. For the period before 1750...
1. 1971 “Between 1607 and 1763, Americans gained control of their political and economic institutions.”
To what extent and in what ways do you agree or disagree with this statement?
2. 1972 What role did unfree labor play in colonial American society?
3. 1973 From 1600 to 1763, several...
Analyze the impact of the AmericanRevolution on bothslavery and the status of women in
the period from 1775-1800. (2004)
After the Revolutionary War, many things had changed for America. She had gained her independence from Great Britain and was recognized as an independent nation...
A SELECTION OF PAST AP U.S. FREE RESPONSE QUESTIONS:
Part 1: Colonial Period to Civil War
Colonial Times 1607 -1775
1. From 1600 -1763, several European nations vied for control of the North American continent. Why did England win the struggle? (73)
2. In the seventeenth century, New England...
History is a rigorous course designed to provide a college-level experience and preparation for the AP Exam in May. It is a two-semester survey of American history from the age of exploration and discovery to the present. Solid reading and writing skills, along with a willingness to devote considerable...
AP US History
1) Analyze the differences between the Spanish settlements in the Southwest and the English colonies in New England in the seventeenth century in terms of two of the following:
In the seventeenth...
to overall objectives AND specific proposals for reform?
3. Analyze the ways in which supporters of slavery in the nineteenth century used legal, religious, and economic arguments to defend the institution of slavery
4. Analyze the extent to which TWO of the following influenced the development...
Analyze the American Revolution’s impact on slavery and the status of women from 1775-1800
The AmericanRevolution did have impact on slavery and the status of women, but was limited in its wide range of application through out the colonies.
African American slaves didn’t have much hope of ever...
AP US HISTORY FREE RESPONSE QUESTIONS SINCE 1971
I. Colonial Time 1607 - 1775
1. Puritanism bore within itself the seeds of its own destruction. Apply this
2. In the seventeenth century, New England Puritans tried to create a model society. ...
established by the writers of this document not only reflected and helped to ensure the hopes and desires of many citizens of the newly independent American state, but, perhaps more importantly, this system has served as a dramatic symbol for those people throughout the world who have struggled against...
17th - 18th c - EXPLORATION AND COLONIZATION
#1 - 1993
• DBQ - Although New England and the Chesapeake region were both settled largely by people of English origin, by 1700 the regions had evolved into two distinct societies. Why did this difference in development occur...
PROMPT: Analyze and discuss the crucial role women and African slaves played in the AmericanRevolution and what they hoped to gain following the Revolution.
Throughout history bothwomen and African slaves have fought for their place in the United States, however the AmericanRevolution was the...
you for the multiple-choice part of the AP exam, which constitutes 50 percent of the test.
2. The outlines will also strengthen your ability to analyze events, and hopefully see how they fit into larger issues throughout U.S. history.
3. In addition each outline will usually have an accompanying...
DBQ: (Form A)
1. Analyze the international and domestic challenges the United States faced between 1968 and 1974, and evaluate how President Richard Nixon’s administration responded to them.
1. Explain the ways that participation in political campaigns and elections in the United...
3X5 card study guide for each DBQ. The notes must be handwritten and you will be turning in all of the 3X5 cards with your essay. You may write on both sides and may write whatever you wish on the cards. You will be writing one of these essays as part of your final. DUE WHEN YOU WRITE THE ESSAY
Advanced Placement American History Homework
Advanced Placement U.S. History
Instructions for turning in assignments from this website:
A) Specific Factual Information (SFI): Write 2-4 sentences providing the
Questions 1991-2010 compiled by Tony Miller (Organized by historical chronology) Part A (DBQ) 1. Although New England and the Chesapeake region were both settled largely by people of English origin, by 1700 the regions had evolved into two distinct societies. Why did this difference in development occur...
and state?” (10pts)
4. To what extent was the New England Confederation a first step toward colonial
unity? (10 pts)
Chapter 4 Study Guide
“American Life, 1607-1692”
1. Compare and contrast the colonies of New England and the South based on the
b. Geography & climate
The AmericanRevolution had an impact on bothslavery and the status of women from 1775-1800. It gave the African American slaves opportunities to Escape the bondage and join the army. It significantly affected the legal position of white women. Revolutions within the Revolution took place causing vivid...