“An Idle Mind Is the Devil’s Workshop”
-H.G. Bohns 1855
Today’s teenagers are faced with many temptations that can lead to a deal of trouble. Parents are always looking to find ways to better their teen’s chances of avoiding these temptations. After school activities are seen as a way...
In this activity you will take a tour of the human brain and explore the major brain regions to discover the functions of each region or area.
• In terms of brain function, what is functional specialization?
Hearing a sound or moving our thumb is controlled by a...
Associate Level Material
Brain Response of Behavior
Note: Parts II and III follow below, complete all three.
Write a 350- to 700-word response to the following: Explain the communication process of neurons in the brain. List some common neurotransmitters and describe t...
Brain and Behavior
Exam 1 – Study Guide
1. List and define the forms of dualism and monism.
Monism: one underlying reality, mind or body. Materialism – the body solution, idea that the underlying reality is physical. Immaterialism – reality ultimately exists in th...
STUDY GUIDE: THE BRAIN
1. Approximately how many neurons are there in the brain?
about 100 billion
2. What is a neuron?
It is a nerve cell that sends and receives electrical signals over long distances within the body
2b. be able to label its parts....
* BRAIN DAMAGE
* 1) What are some causes of brain damage?
* Toxic substances
* Degenerative diseases
* Penetrating head injury
* Closed head injury
* Brain hits skull (meninges)
* Could cause blood clots or bleeding (subdural or epidural hematoma...
Define circadian rhythm and zeitgeber. Know examples of each. What is the purpose of endogenous rhythms?
Circadian rhythm- rhythms that last about a day, humans 24.2
zeitgeber- A stimulus that resets the biological clock example light, temp, exercise
endogenous rhythms- To prepare for chan...
ACADEMIC YEAR 2012-2013:
1. Describe the role of sensory inputs during vertebrate development. 
2. Name the different types of memory and describe unique characteristics for
each of them. 
3. Explain the adaptive specialization hypothesis of the brain and give e...
Unit 3: The conscious self
AOS 1: Mind, brain and body
AREA OF STUDY 1
Mind, brain and body
Consciousness refers to our level of awareness of our internal world, that is, our own personal thoughts, feelings and perceptions, external world, that is, our surroundings durin...
Copyright Richard James Photography
Estate Agent Workshop
Photographs are one of the most important and fundamental piece of marketing which are essential
in promoting the property you wish to sell or rent. Just spending that little more time in planning
and having a well thought-out...
Brain-Based Learning: The Neurological Findings About the Human Brain that Every Teacher Should Know to be Effective
The purpose of this paper is to present the main neurological findings about the human brain that provide the basis for brain-based learning, and that...
BRAIN AND BEHAVIOR STUDY GUIDE
4/24/13 10:50 PM
1. Leo Kanner is associated with autism.
2. Confabulation: fabricate imaginary experiences as compensation for loss
3. Coup: contact of the brain with the skull at the point of trauma
4. Concussion: temporary halt in brain...