Aim I To Investigate The Dependence Of The Angle Of Deviation On The Angle Of Incidence Using A Hollow Prism Filled One By One With Different Transparent Fluids Ii And Find The Speed Of Light In Gi Essays and Term Papers
i)To investigate the dependence, of the angle of deviation on the angle of incidence, using a hollowprismfilledone by one with differenttransparentfluids. ii)And find the speed of light in given transparentfluids.
Drawing board, white sheets of paper, hollow...
Dependence of Different Softdrinks Using Refractive Index” aims to see if sugar concentrations in different softdrinks can be determined using the dependence of refractive index on the concentration by laser-based measurement.
Specifically, this study sought to answer the following questions:
1. Can one...
6. To investigate the dependence, of the angle of deviation, on the angle of incidence, using a hollowprismfilled, one by one, with differenttransparentfluids.
7. To estimate the charge induced on each one of the two identical styro foam (or pith) balls suspended in a vertical plane by making...
(i) (ii) output and input voltage and number of turns in the secondary coil and primary coil of a self designed transformer.
6. 7. 8. 9.
To investigate the dependence of the angle of deviation on the angle of incidence, using a hollowprismfilled, one by one, with differenttransparentfluids. To...
deviation, on the angle of incidence, using a hollowprismfilled, one by one, with differenttransparentfluids. To estimate the charge induced on each one of the two identical styro foam (or pith) balls suspended in a vertical plane by making use of Coulomb's law. To set up a common base transistor...
of the angle of deviation on the angle of incidence, using a hollowprismfilled, one by one, with differenttransparentfluids.
6. Use of semiconductor devices (transistor) as amplifier, oscillator, fire alarm, rain alarm, etc.
7. To study and construct one way or two way intercom
variation of the angle of deviation with the angle of incidenceusingHollow Glass Prism and to determine the angle of minimum deviation.
To find out the refractive index of various liquids using a HollowPrism.
secondary coil of a self designed transformer.
18. To investigate the dependence, of the angle of deviation, the angle of incidence,
using a hollowprismfilled, one by one, with differenttransparentfluids.
19. To estimate the charge induced on each one of the 2 identical styro foam (or pith...
hat is foam?
PART - B
10 x 1 = 10
Answer any ten of the following questions:
10 x 2 = 20
Calculate the angle of incidence for a ray of light to have minimum deviation of 39 40 in equilateral
W rite two differences between...
angle α, and a ray of light passing through it. I have drawn just one ray of a single colour. For white light, the colours will be dispersed, the violet light being deviated by the prism more than the red light. We’ll choose a wavelength such that the refractive index of the prism is n. The deviation D...
. Give an example of each.
3. Why is light refracted when it passes from one medium into an optically different medium?
E X P E R I M E N T 2 7 Advance Study Assignment
4. Show by Snell’s law that if the speed of light is less in a particular medium, then...
angle of incidence and angle of refraction.
The apparent position of the coin as seen through water differ from its actual position . Laws of refraction Refraction of light is due to change in the speed of light as it enters from onetransparent medium to another. Experiments show that...
object to the lens is 4 cm and the distance of the image from the lens is v cm. The given graph shows the variation of v with u. (i) What is the nature of the lens? (ii) Using this graph, find the focal length of this lens. 53. A ray of light passes through an equilateral glass prism, such that the...
energy output of a solar cell located on Earth’s surface compared with one on a satellite.
To explore how the angle of incident light affects the efficiency of a solar panel.
To investigate how the load affects the power output of a solar panel...
word "prism" usually means a triangular piece of glass or plastic.
Deviation by a Prism
a) | The angle d is called the angle of deviation. |
b) | The magnitude of d depends on |
i) the angle A of the prismii) the angle of incidence at the face of the prism
iii) the refractive index...
a manner that the angle of incidence is equal to angle of emergence and each of these angles is equal to 3/4 of angle of prism. Findangle of deviation. [Ans. : 30°] Critical angle for a certain wavelength of light in glass is 30°. Calculate the polarising angle and the angle of refraction in glass...
Draw a graph between the angle of incidence (i) angle of deviation (D) for a glass
prism. Determine the refractive index of the glass of the prismusing this graph.
Compare the refractive indices of two transparent liquids using a concave mirror
and a single pin.
16. Plot of angle of deviation vs angle of incidence for a triangular prism.
17. Refractive index of a glass slab using a travelling microscope.
18. Characteristic curves of a p-n junction diode in forward and reverse bias.
19. Characteristic curves of a Zener diode and finding...
between the angle
of incidence and the angle of deviation.
6. To determine refractive index of a glass slab using a travelling microscope.
7. To find refractive index of a liquid by using (i) concave mirror, (ii) convex lens and plane mirror.
8. To draw the I-V characteristics curves of a p-n...
using mirror formula; define the terms ‘angle of incidence (i)’ and ‘angle of refraction (r)’; state laws of refractions; demonstrate the passage of light through parallel-sided transparent material; solve problems by usingdifferent formulae; i. sin ∠ i / sin ∠ r ii. speed of light in vacuum...