JOSE RIZAL : RE-DISCOVERING THE REVOLUTIONARY FILIPINO HERO IN THE AGE OF TERRORISM
BY E. SAN JUAN, Jr. Fellow, WEB Du Bois Institute, Harvard University
Yo la tengo, y yo espero que ha de brillar un dia en que venza la Idea a la fuerza brutal, que despues de la lucha y la lenta agonia, otra vzx
1. Brief Summary of Chapter 1.
ADVENT OF A NATIONAL HERO
Jose Rizal born on June 19, 1861. It was Franciso Mercado Rizal was born on May 11, 1818 in Binan Laguna. He was a graduate of the College of San Jose Manila, studying Latin and Philosophy. Francisco moved to Calamba to become a tenant
The El Filibusterismo is the sequel of the Noli Me Tangere. Both nationalistic novels were written by Dr. Jose Rizal. In Noli Me Tangere, Rizal described the full extent of slavery and abuse suffered by the native Indios at the hands of Spanish authorities.
Hence in this second boo
- A man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
- An illustrious warrior.
- A man admired for his achievements and noble qualities.
- One who shows great courage
Christ and His Alter Ego “Rizal”:
Choice- Point Analysis of SDA and Rizalistas
Arenas, J. Axel
Duran, Mary Diane
Lacia, Kristine Hyacinth
Taylan, Carl Patrick
Professor Augustus Añonuevo
Department of Social Sciences
University of the Philippines
Advent of A National Hero
Dr. Jose Rizal is a unique example of a many-splendored genius who became the greatest hero of a nation. Endowed by God with versatile gifts, he truly ranked with the world's geniuses. He was a physician(opthalmic surgeon), poet, dramatist,
Name: tuan thanh ho Course: ABTH Jose rizal life ADVENT OF A NATIONAL HERO Summary Dr. Jose Rizal is ia a unique example of many-splendored genius who became the greatest hero of a nation. The Birth of a Hero. Jose Rizal was born in June 19, 1861, he was baptized in the catholic church ofhis town on
Scientific and Technological Advances
IN RIZALâS TIME (1801-1900)
Jan Edrienne De Luis
Myleen Joyce Favoreal
Yuji Vincent Gonzales
Iza Maria Gonzalez
Early 19th century
- The main mode of transportation was the horse and the carriage (â
Republic of the Philippines
NAVAL STATE UNIVERSITY
Catherine S. Funesto
Ms. Ken Benessa T. Lumbab
Humorous truths behind a hero’s verve
(‘Rizal without the overcoat’ book review)
2. CHAPTER 1 : ADVENT OF NATIONAL HEROJUNE 19, 1861 – the day when Jose Rizal was born JOSE RIZAL - The greatest hero of the Philippines - “many – splendored genius” - dowered by God superb “intellectual”, - “moral” and “physical qualities” - a man of many talents - a martyr and
"RIZAL'S SECOND SOJOURN(pag babakasyon) IN PARIS AND THE UNIVERSAL EXPOSITION(paglalahad) OF 1889"
Paris in the spring of 1889 was bursting with gaiety(joy) and excitement because of the universal exposition. Thousand
CHAPTER 1 : ADVENT OF NATIONAL HERO
JUNE 19, 1861 – the day when Jose Rizal was born
- The greatest hero of the Philippines
- “many – splendored genius”
- dowered by God superb “intellectual”, - “moral” and “physical qualities”
- a man of many talents
- a ma
Relevance of José Rizal Today
Dr Jose Rizal, national hero of the Philippines
The following article about Dr Jose Rizal is widely circulated on the Internet in celebration of Rizal Day which is observed every 30th day of December, the day he was executed in Bagumbayan by Spanish authorities, mor
José Rizal (full name: José Protacio Rizal Mercado y Alonso Realonda) (June 19, 1861 - December 30, 1896), was a Filipino polymath, nationalist and the most prominent advocate for reforms in the Philippines during the Spanish colonial era and its eventual independence from Spain. He
It is unfortunate that many students are still reared on the dated Agoncillo-Constantino histories of the 1960s, that are ideologically slanted to give preferential option for the revolutionary hero of the masses, Andres Bonifacio, against the reformist and burgis Jose Rizal.
Schoolchildren are oft
Chapter 14: Rizal in London (1888-1889)
Rizal lived in London from May 1888- March 1889
He chose London for 3 reasons:
1. to improve his knowledge of the English language
2. to study & annotate Morga's Sucesos de las Islas Filipinas
3. London was a safe place for him to carry on his...