Just One Word, LOVE
Story depicting the absolute difference between the two words, One is ‘MONEY’ & the second one is ‘LOVE’. ‘LIFE’ is not so straight as it looks, though you are the richest person on this land. Is it possible for us to forgive our own, our own soul ? What if,...
Tourism In South & Southeast Asia
* GEOGRAPHY CHARACTERISTIC OF REGION & COUNTRY
* The physical geography of Bangladesh is varied and has an area characterized by two distinctive features: a broad deltaic plain subject to frequent f...
iTHE WORLD IS FLAT
Thomas L. Friedman
To Matt and Kay and to Ron
Re-edited & reformatted by Merujuk
TA B L E O F C O N T E N T S
How The World Became Flat........................................................................... 1
One: While I Was Sleeping........................
Christ the Redeemer (Portuguese: Cristo Redentor, standard Brazilian Portuguese: [ˈkɾistu ʁedẽˈtoʁ], local dialect: [ˈkɾiʃtu ɦedẽjˈtoɦ]) is a statue of Jesus Christ in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; considered the largest Art Deco statue in the world. It is 30 metres (98 ft) tall, not including...
CHANGE AND CONTINUITY OVER TIME ESSAY TOPICS AS GT EXERCISES
Once students have completed studying at least two historical periods, they have the content knowledge to accomplish the change and continuity over time (CCOT) essay. Nevertheless, the CCOT Essay is often more effectively taught in the s...
Power Notes: Ancient China pgs. 475-480
Who- 14 year old empress Si Ling-chi
What- Empress discovered caterpillars that produce thread that she can weave to make “silk”
When- 2700 B.C
Where- The Imperial Palace, China
Why- This happened because the Empress...
1. Consequences of the Neolithic Revolution didn’t include
* End of hunting-gathering societies
2. Most scholars believe that, during the Paleolithic Age, social organization was characterized by
* A rough social equality
3. The earliest metal worked systemicall...
Paleolithic Age: The period of Stone Age associated with the evolution of humans. Predates the Neolithic period.
Neolithic Age: The period of the Stone Age associated with the ancient Agricultural Revolution(s). Follows by Paleolithic period.
Foragers: People who support themselves by hunting wild...
Chapter 28 Descent into the Abyss: World War I and the Crisis of the European Global Order
1) Approximately how long did World War I last?
A) About four years
B) About two years
C) About six years
D) About one year
E) About three years
Page Ref: 646
-AP World History - StearnsChapter 1 – From Human Prehistory to the Early CivilizationsI. IntroductionA. Human origin – 2.5 million years ago1. 1/4000 of earth’s existence – 24 hour day – last 5 minutesB. Human negatives and positives1. Aggressiveness, long baby time, back problems, death...
Chapter 14 – The Expansive Realm of Islam
I. Chapter Intro
A. “In 632 CE the prophet Muhammad visited his native city of Mecca from his home in exile at Medina, and in doing so he set an example that devout Muslims have sought to emulate ever since” (B&Z 355). Each year hundreds of th...
Lesson 8.02: World War I: Causes and Alliances
How did the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand and the rise of Nationalism combine to spark WWI?
The assassination of Archduke Ferdinand and the rise of Nationalism combined to spark WW1 because Austria- Hungary, where he was from, dec...
THE STALIN REVOLUTION
* Stalin was a military dictator whose radical ideas weakened Russia but industrialized it very fast and turned the people hard workers by oppressing them.
* Stalin was highly paranoid and persecuted many of his top officials and supporters
1. Interpreting world politics
a. World Politics- the study of how global actors’ activities entail the exercise of influence to achieve and defend their goals and ideals and how it affects the world at large
b. Cognitive dissonance- the general psychological tendency to deny discrep...
Chapter 8 section 1
Key Terms, people, and places
Williams the conqueror- king of England who beat Harold at the battle of Hastings
Common law-a legal system based on custom and court rulings
Jury- group of men sworn to tell the truth
The American revolution did not change as much as a revolution should yield. Political change yes. But economical and socially not really.
27 ammendments last amended in 92 clinton.
Most important first ten. Bill of rights
1.freedom of speech, press, religion and petitio...
Human Rights in the Arab World
A study of 17 pages about human rights and the Arab world
Before speaking of human rights in the Arab world, we should understand first the basic concepts of human righ...
Africa chapter 20
• Factories: forts and trading posts with resident merchants.
• El Mina (1482): Most important factory in the heart of gold-producing region of the forest zone.
• Nzigna Mvemba (r. 1507-1543): Ruler of Kongo. With help of missionaries brought the whole kingdom to Christian...