Quiz # 2 on lectures 3, 4, and including Chapter 2
1. Difference occurs in the sequence of long chain molecules and becomes information in biological organisms. ‘Life’ assembles itself into chains:
(A) of RNA
(B) all of the answers are correct
(C) of DNA
(D) of protein
(E) none of these...
evolution. It also introduces students to the thinking of scientists. Questions are therefore general; however, an effort has been made to include some from each skill level. As in the rest of this test bank, questions that feature art or those for which several questions follow upon some data or a scenario are...
Corpus Luteum – yellow mass; In Latin, Yellow Body.
Corpus Luteum Stage – when the uterus undergoes changes in preparation for the implantation of the embryo.
Crossing-Over – the process wherein the exchange of genetic material occur.
Cross-Pollination – is the transfer of the pollen grain of the...
I. Course Title: Principles of Teaching I
II. Course Code: Ed MS 1
III. Course Credit: 3 units
IV. Course Duration: Second Semester School Year 2012-2013
M-W-F-5:30-6:30 P.M.- Prof. Ed. Units
V. Course Prerequisite: Child and Adolescent Psychology
sources over the past 3 years. While it is not possible to thank everyone I would like to acknowledge the TAs and the study leaders for residence students.
Some questions are simple but all are meant to help your organize your studying NOT to provide answers. Study in a group to test each other.
varieties have only one trait in common.
C) a breeding experiment in which the parental varieties differ in only one character.
D) a triploid plant that results from breeding two very different plants.
E) a breeding experiment in which the parental varieties have only one prominent trait.
2) Which of...
1) DNA is found in structures called ______.
2) A(n) ______ is an example of an organism that can reproduce asexually.
3)+++ Examine the figure below. Nucleosomes are made of ______.
- DNA wrapped around histone proteins
4)++ As shown in the following figure, plant...
Overview: The Flow of Genetic Information
• The information content of DNA is in the form of specific sequences of nucleotides along the DNA strands.
• The DNA inherited by an organism leads to specific traits by dictating the synthesis of proteins.
• Gene expression, the process by which DNA directs protein...
* Involves inheritance of all genes from one parent
* Sexual reproduction
* Offspring are similar to parents, but show variations in traits
* Involves inheritance of unique sets of genes from two parents
8.2 Cells arise only from preexisting cells
* Cell division perpetuates...
and Function of DNA: Lesson Overview
1. Hereditary information is stored in the chemical language of DNA.
2. DNA directs the biochemical, cellular, anatomical, and physiological activities of the human body.
3. Scientists can manipulate the DNA of cells to modify...
Various techniques, such as prolonged fasting, deep breathing, whirling, and chanting. During hypnosis, meditation, hallucination, trance, and the dream stage
The testimonies of mystics and meditators who claim that their ability to enter altered states of consciousness has brought them enlightenment or transcendence...
structure of RNA and
DNA using simple labelled
The genetic substance found in all organisms called DNA or deoxyribonucleic acid is a kind of nucleic acid.
Nucleic acids consist of two long polymers of simpler units, called nucleotides; that are composed of three (3) main units as shown...
Parts of the Swift M5 Microscope 33
Part A: Using the Swift M5 Microscope and Viewing a Letter “e” 34
Lab 3: Microscopy 39
In-Lab Report Sheet 39
Part A: Using the Swift M5 Microscope and Viewing a Letter “e” 39
Laboratory 4: Cell Structure & Function...
providing information that is irrelevant to the question. This gains them no
marks. This is particularly important for the extended essay component of the paper. Candidates
ought to make better use of the time allotted for reading through the questions and planning their
responses before starting to write...
wondered how traits are inherited from one generation to the next. Although children often look more like one parent than the other, most offspring seem to be a blend of the characteristics of both parents. Centuries of breeding of domestic plants and animals had shown that useful traits — speed in horses...
is the rate of flow of 1 coulomb of charge per second.
the modulation of the amplitude of a radio wave in such a way as to encode the wave with audio or visual information.
are morphological or physiological similarities...
things have similar characteristics
* Require energy and nutrients
* Sense and respond to change
* Reproduce with the help of DNA
One-way flow of energy through the biosphere and cycling of nutrients among organisms sustain life’s organization
* The capacity to do...