War by Act of Germany
-To defend American interests short of war, the president asked Congress for authority to arm American merchant ships.
-An obstruction of Midwestern senators was a reminder of the continuing strength of American isolationism.
-The Zimmermann note was intercepted and publis...
World History Notes: Chapter One
In 1849, William Loftus founded the ruins of the city of Uruk, one of the first cities in the world. Loftus found this ancient city in a part of Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia was one of the first places where civilization began.
The First Humans
The first civil...
29 August 2011
Global Research Alert
100 years of market history in 3 charts for better investment decision-making
Historical US rates + inflation
18 INFLATION 14
10 6 2 -2 -6 -10 1914 Historical low rates comparable to the 1930s
US History Chapter 1 Outline
I. America Before Columbus
A. The Civilizations of the South
1. All of these societies were built on agriculture and large central cities with religious ceremonies and buildings, but the Incans had a complex political system and paved roads to bring tribes to...
AP U.S. History: Unit 1.1 HistorySage.com
CONTACT: Europeans & Amerindians
I. Overview—big ideas By 1600 Europeans had created the world’s first truly global economy. Meanwhile, the "age of discovery" resulted in the greatest human catastrophe the world has ever known: 90% of Amerind...
A.P. U.S. History Notes:
Chapter 10: “Launching of the New Ship of State”
~ 1789 – 1800 ~
I. A New Ship on an Uncertain Sea
1. In 1789, the new U.S. Constitution was launched, and population was doubling every twenty years.
a. America’s population was still 90% rural, with 5% west of...
4th Grade Science &Social Studies Class
Happy Valley Elementary
Week2 Multicultural Education Scenario
A class of different cultures would be a difficult class for any teacher, especially those who have never left their country and don’t know much about different cult...
A People’s History of the United States
Chapter 5 Abstract
Chapter 5 continues to cover the American Revolution, illustrates different views on the war, the American’s expansion into the West, and the continued inequalities of the poor and rich in the United States.
At one point, in an a...
Chapter 1 Study Guide
The Spanish Empire in the Americas
1. Three arguments’ that Juan Gines de Sepulveda used to justify enslaving the Native Americans were for gold, ore deposits, and for God’s sake and man’s faith in him.
2. Three arguments that Bartolome de las Casas gave in a...
Chapter 28 Descent into the Abyss: World War I and the Crisis of the European Global Order
1) Approximately how long did World War I last?
A) About four years
B) About two years
C) About six years
D) About one year
E) About three years
Page Ref: 646
-AP World History - StearnsChapter 1 – From Human Prehistory to the Early CivilizationsI. IntroductionA. Human origin – 2.5 million years ago1. 1/4000 of earth’s existence – 24 hour day – last 5 minutesB. Human negatives and positives1. Aggressiveness, long baby time, back problems, death...
The "Bloody Shirt" Elects Grant
The Republicans nominated General Grant for the presidency in 1868. The Republican Party supported the continuation of the Reconstruction of the South, while Grant stood on the platform of "just having peace."
The Democrats nominated Horatio Seymour.
Chapter 14 – The Expansive Realm of Islam
I. Chapter Intro
A. “In 632 CE the prophet Muhammad visited his native city of Mecca from his home in exile at Medina, and in doing so he set an example that devout Muslims have sought to emulate ever since” (B&Z 355). Each year hundreds of th...
Chapter 8 section 1
Key Terms, people, and places
Williams the conqueror- king of England who beat Harold at the battle of Hastings
Common law-a legal system based on custom and court rulings
Jury- group of men sworn to tell the truth
Africa chapter 20
• Factories: forts and trading posts with resident merchants.
• El Mina (1482): Most important factory in the heart of gold-producing region of the forest zone.
• Nzigna Mvemba (r. 1507-1543): Ruler of Kongo. With help of missionaries brought the whole kingdom to Christian...
Chapter 14 - The Civil War
The Secession Crisis
The Withdrawal of the South
* South Carolina voted Dec 1860 to secede, by time Lincoln came to office six more states (Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, TX) seceded
* Seceded states formed Confederate States of America Feb...
AP World History
Unit 2: Chapter 8: The Unification of China
In Search of Political and Social Order
A. Confucius (551-479 B.C.E.) and His School
a. Educator and political authority
b. Sayings were c...
Chapter 5 – An Age of Empires: Rome and Han China, 753 b.c.e.–330 c.e.
I. Rome’s Creation of a Mediterranean Empire, 753 b.c.e.–330 c.e.
A. Geography and Resources
1. Italy and Sicily are at a crossroads of the Mediterranean and serve as a link between Africa and Europe....
Chapter 1: The New Global World
Before the French
Natchez people complained that French treated them like slaves
Before 1490s Natchez only knew their people
1502: Nicolas de Ovando replaced Columbus as governor of Hispanola
His fleet of ships carried Span adventurers/African slaves whi...