fluids (e.g. vomit)
I can minimise the risk of infection by using personal protective
❖ Face shield
❖ Effective washing of hands
1.3 Describesuitablefirstaidequipmentincludingpersonalprotection and how it is usedappropriately
• There is...
including needles or blades used to the individual. By attending the trainings and seminars which will enhance our knowledge and skills on how to prevent and how to minimize the risk on spread of infection. Wearing personal protective equipment such as gloves and aprons.
3.2 explain the potential...
including gloves into a suitable marked (yellow clinical waste bag) plastic bag.
• Put any sharp items such as needles or syringes in the correct disposal containers.
• Keep firstaid kits clean.
Describesuitablefirstaidequipment, includingpersonalprotection, and how it is used...
of use and repaired promptly
12 if faulty? Do competent persons check and maintain equipment? Are staff trained in safe use of equipment?
• • 17. PPE • • • • 18.
Is personal protective equipment provided (e.g. gloves, Aprons, overalls)? Is PPE suitable and safe? Is PPE appropriately stored...
* Effective washing of hands
1.3-Describesuitablefirstaidequipment, includingpersonalprotection and how it is usedappropriately.
There is no definite guide to the content of a firstaid kit but as a guide you will expect to see:
* 2 sterile eye pads
* 20 individually wrapped...
health and safety, how to get first-aid treatment, what to do in an emergency; the duty of employers to
provide training to do the job safely, protection such as special clothing, gloves or masks, health checks such as vision
testing; the duty of employers to provide HSC/E information “Health and...
– the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile
Section 3 - Welfare Requirements
Overview of the welfare requirements
Safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare
Suitable premises, equipment and environment
educational programmes; and the assessment arrangements) in Section 2 and the legal requirements relating to welfare (safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare; suitable people; suitable premises, environment and equipment; organisation; and documentation) in Section 3. The learning and development...
2. if blood or body substances come into contact with broken skin, open wounds, eyes or mouth
3. contaminated firstaidequipment or materials are used
4. contaminated food
Examples Good Personel Hygiene
1. Before starting work, check that there are no signs of skin...
aidequipment, includingpersonalprotection and how it is usedappropriately. (Print off your PPE report)
All firstaid boxes should have a white cross on a green background. Guidelines published by the National Association of Child Minders, NCMA, as well as Ofsted and experienced paediatric first...
– along with relevant firstaid trained staff
* Outside space is made secure
* Equipment and materials used is age appropriate ensuring constant supervision when younger children are using them
* All incidents/accidents will be dealt with appropriately and recorded in the accident/incident...
fluids (e.g. vomit)
* Cover the casualty’s open wounds with appropriate sterile dressings
* Make sure my own cuts or sores are adequately covered by contact with any ingured persons who is bleeding or has open wounds.
Describesuitablefirstaidequipment, includingpersonalprotection and how it is usedappropriately.
arrangements in place to deal with emergencies, including evacuation procedures, containing and cleaning up spills and firstaid instructions
• the selection, use, maintenance and storage of any personal protective equipment required to control risks
• any health monitoring which may be required...
Do I need to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)? Will I receive training on how to
use the PPE?
What do I do in case of fire or another emergency?
Where do I find fire extinguishers, firstaid kits, firstaid rooms and emergency
What are my responsibilities regarding health...
items including syringes and needles in sharps bins.
1.3 – Describesuitablefirstaidequipment, includingpersonalprotection, and how it is usedappropriately
There is no mandatory list of items for a firstaid box but what you might expect to find as a minimum is the following:
| |including sun protection, safe operation of tools, equipment and machinery, safe handling, use and storage of |
| |chemicals, organically based materials and hazardous substances, correct manual handling, basic firstaid...
steps to carry out a risk assessment are:
1. Identify the hazards
2. Decide who might be harmed and how3. Evaluate the risks and decide on precaution
4. Record your findings and implement them
5. Review your assessment and update if necessary
2.3 Explain how to address...
personal data. The act contains eight “Data Protection Principles”. These specify that personal data must be;
1. Processed fairly and lawfully.
2. Obtained for specified and lawful purposes.
3. Adequate, relevant and not excessive.
4. Accurate and up to date.
5. Not kept any longer than necessary.
equipmentDescribe the three steps of the decontamination process Describehow and when cleaning agents are usedDescribehow and when disinfecting agents are used Explain the role of personal protective equipment (PPE) during the decontamination process Explain the concept of risk in dealing with...