Is an encouragement received from an individual to another individual to do something with the feel of “it is important?” It can be considered a driving force; a psychological drive that compels or reinforces an action toward a desired goal. For example, hunger is a motivation that elicits a desire to eat. Motivation has been shown to have roots in physiological, behavioral, cognitive, and social area
2) List 5 reasons should management motivate workers.
Five reasons management should motivate workers are
* To improve organization morals
* To help personality development
* To encourage the workers to do the job effectively and with willing hearts * Because it shows that there’s an healthy relationship among staff * It shows that the manager has a thought in mind for the employees
Maslow’s hierarchy of needs:
Is one of the main motivational theories? This theory was developed to suggest to we humans, are motivated to satisfy five basic needs. These needs are arranges in a hierarchy. Maslow suggests that we seek to satisfy the lowest level of needs. Once this is done, we seek to satisfy each higher level of need until we satisfied all five needs .The following gives the levels of hierarchy needs 1) Basic: the requirement for survival
2) Safety: a safe environment, protection against danger
3) Social: friendship and companionship, a sense of belonging and being part of a team 4) Self-esteem: recognition of a job well done, promotion and possibly independent. 5) Self-fulfillment: refers to the need for personal growth that is present throughout a person’s life achieving person ambition, complete job satisfaction. This theory works by:
Step 1- A person starts at the bottom of the hierarchy (pyramid) and will initially seek to satisfy basic needs (e.g. food, shelter) Step 2- Once these physiological needs have been satisfied, they are no longer a motivator. the individual moves up to...