Topic: Health and Fitness
General Purpose: To Inform
Specific Purpose: To inform the importance of health and fitness. Thesis: From an unhealthy lifestyle to a healthy lifestyle, the changes to be made to help you become healthy and fit I. Introduction
A. Attention Grabber: Your food choices affect your everyday life and how you feel today, tomorrow and in the future.
B. Reason to listen: Good nutrition and exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Your physical activity and diet can help you reach and maintain a healthy weight and reduce your risk of diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
C. Thesis Statement: From an unhealthy lifestlye to a healthy lifestyle, the changes to be made to help you become healthy and fit.
D. Credibility Statement:
1. I love to learn about health and fitness and learn more and more on how to improve myself.
2. I have researched a lot on health and fitness over the years.
E. Preview of Main Points:
1. First, I will discuss the importance of a healthy diet and exercise..
2. Second, I will discuss good eating habits, how to turn bad eating habits into good eating habits and just healthy eating in general.
3. Finally, I will discuss phyical activity.
II. From an unhealthy lifestyle to a healthy lifestyle, the changes to be made to help you become healthy and fit.
A. Good nutrition and exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle.
1. A poor diet can come with consequenses of major health risks that can cause illness such as; heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
a. The risk for diseases, like high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes are being seen in younger ages, as a result of unhealthy eating habits and weight gain. Teaching children how to eat healthy at a young age will help them stay healthy throughout their life.
b. Good nutrition and healthy weight reduces disease risk, and health is too important to ignore.
c. By taking small steps to eat healthy, you will be on your way to getting the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy, strong and active, as well as physical activity. Making changes in your healthy lifestyle can go a long way.
2. Regular exercise and a healthy diet can lead to so many benefits, including energy, happiness, health and possibly a long life. Making exercise and a diet both part of your life can make a huge difference in how you look and feel.
a. "A combination of working out and eating healthy can boost your energy and help you feel more alert both mentally and physically. Healthy foods give your body the nutrients and vitamins it needs to function at its best."
b. "Exercise stimulates brain chemicals that help produce feelings of happiness and relaxation, so you will feel better if you workout regularly." Transition: Now that I have discussed the importance of a healthy diet and exercise, I will now discuss good eating habits and how to turn bad eating habits into good eating habits.
B. Switching from bad eating habits to good eating habits can be a lot of work but very well worth it.
1. What you can do to swap bad eating habits for good ones.
a. Find a healthy substitute. It will be easier to break a bad habit if you have another to fill its place. Find what works for you, as long as the new habit is a healthy one, you'll be taking steps to a new and improved you.
b. Catch yourself in the act. One way to stop a bad habit, stop and think: "I'm about to eat something that's not good for me, is this what I really want?"
c. Aim for consistency not perfection. You have to realize that you will have moments of weakness, especially in the beginning and that's okay, as long as you don't do it everyday. As time goes by it wil get easier and your cravings will start to go away, not permenatly, you will always crave something sweet but just do it once in awhile.
2. We all get them. We hate them....