NAME : NUR ALIZA BINTI AFANDI
NO ID : 1111101611
INTAKE : DMG JULY 2011
LECTURER’S NAME : MADAM NOR IZZATI BT NOR AZIZ
SUBMISSION DATE : 19th SEPTEMBER 2012
CONTENTS NO| CONTENTS| PAGE NO |
1 | INTRODUCTION | 3|
2| QUESTION 1| 4|
3| ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES| 5|
4| QUESTION 2| 6-7|
5| QUESTION 3| 8-10|
6| CONCLUSION| 11|
7| REFERENCE| 12|
I’m Nur Aliza Binti Afandi student Multimedia College, no ID 1111101611 wish to implement assignment individual E-business given by Puan Izzati. In this assignment, Puan Izzati has gave assignment that should to the all students. For first question, Puan Izzati orders to find what differences between storefronts such as drugstore.com and brick and clicks operation such as walmart.com? And what the advantages and disadvantages of each. Second question was, what are four generic business strategies for achieving a profitable business and give examples. The answer for this question is differentiation strategy, cost leadership strategy, focus strategy and competitive advantages. Last question is select an e-commerce company and identify its customer value proposition, its revenue model, the market space it operates in, who its main competitors are, any advantages believes the company possesses and what its market strategy appears to be.
QUESTION 1 :
What are the major differences between virtual storefronts such as drugstore.com and brick-and-clicks operations such as walmart.com? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? ANSWER :
* The major differences between virtual storefronts and brick-and-clicks operations is the present of the physical store. Virtual storefronts such as drugstore.com only have the online store where the transactions are all via online. Whereas brick-and-clicks operations such as walmart.com has both online and physical stores.
VIRTUAL STOREFRONTS SUCH AS DRUGSTORE.COM| BRICK-AND-CLICKS OPERATIONS SUCH AS WALMART.COM| * Storefronts are an online version of the retail store, where customers can shop at any hour of the day or night without leaving their home or office. * Only have the online store where the transactions are all via online.| * Bricks-and-clocks operations are online distribution channels for a company that also has physical stores so you have your choice of either physically going to the store or shopping online. * Has both online and physical stores.|
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES FOR VIRTUAL STOREFRONTS SUCH AS DRUGSTORE.COM ADVANTAGES | DISADVANTAGES|
* Low cost * Save time | * Fraud occurs when transaction * Slow delivery |
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES FOR BRICK-AND-CLICKS OPERATIONS SUCH AS WALMART.COM ADVANTAGES | DISADVANTAGES |
* Customers can visit store and website * Seller can provides many customer all around the world.| * Order wrong ordering offline * High cost |
QUESTION 2 :
What are four generic business strategies for achieving a profitable business ? Give examples. ANSWER :
a) Differentiation Strategy
* Differentiation strategy calls for a company to provide a product or service with distinctive qualities valued by customers. You draw customers because you set yourself apart from the competition. To succeed at this strategy, your business should have access to leading scientific research (or perform this research); a highly skilled and creative product development team; a strong sales and marketing team; and a corporate reputation for quality and innovation. Iphone, for example, uses differentiation strategy.
b) Cost Leadership Strategy
* To practice cost leadership, organizations compete for the largest number of customers through price. Cost leadership works well when the goods or services are standardized. That way, the company can sell generic acceptable goods at the...