Aesthetic reading is for entertainment.
* Reading to explore one.
* In Aesthetic reading, the reader’s attention is centered directly on what he likes through during his relationship with that particular text.” * Non-academicals purposes of reading.
Aesthetic Stance is for experience
* Recreational reading.
* Fulfills an important function in lives.
* Reading for pleasure or aesthetic reading, been described as “the most hidden literary practice”. * Aesthetic reading been viewed as “symbolic withdrawal”. Reading for appreciation
* One that is designed to head the learner to understand and enjoy something. Let’s get the most out of Literature
* Reading literary selections like poems, short stories, novels, plays, or essays, not only provide pleasure. * It also develop your analytical skills as you must consider each part of the text separately before you can interpret the meaning of the entire work and eventually appreciate it. Poems express ideas in a tighter, more compact way than prose as they do not include details and explanations common to the short story or novel. They are more concentrated, suggestive, and rhythmical than prose as they resort to the use of symbols, figurative language, and imagery, which tend to leave more to a reader’s imagination rather than giving everything he needs to know. Poems may be:
* Lyric poem expresses the observations and the feeling of a single speaker. * Narrative poems are stories told in prose. Often narrative poems, even ballads have all the elements of the short stories, such as plot, characters and setting.
Poems may take the form of:
* Haiku – an unrhymed verse form, consisting of three lines. The first and third lines contain five syllables while the second line consists of seven syllables. * Tanka – another verse form. It has thirty-one syllables arrange in five lines (five, seven, five, seven, seven)....