I. Matching/ Identification
1. Victor Frankenstein A. creator of the creature
2. Henry Clerval B. rescued Frankenstein from Arctic ice
3. Elizabeth Lavenza C. unknowingly taught the creature to read and write 4. Robert Walton D. recipient of a series of letters from her brother 5. Margaret Saville E. creature's first victim
6. Justine Moritz F. Frankenstein family matriarch
7. William Frankenstein G. Frankenstein's best friend
8. Felix De Lacey H. died of grief in his son's arms
9. Alphonse Frankenstein I. lived with Frankenstein family, married Victor 10. Caroline Beaufort J. wrongly executed for murder
II. Multiple Choice
1. True or False: The creature strangled Victor Frankenstein. A. True
2. What threat did the creature make when Frankenstein backed out on their agreement? A. He said, "All of mankind is now cursed."
B. He said, "I will pursue you to the ends of the earth and the end of your life." C. He said, "I will be with you on your wedding night." D. He said, "Alas, I am doomed to a wretched life on this earth!" 3. How did the creature learn to speak and to read?
A. He observed and listened to the cottagers.
B. Frankenstein had programmed his brain to know how immediately. C. He sat outside the local school house and listened. D. A young child befriended him and taught him.
4. What two major events happened to Frankenstein when he was seventeen? A. His youngest brother was born and he fell in love. B. He received his inheritance and traveled abroad.
C. His mother died and he went to the university at Inglostadt to study. D. He got his first job and moved to his own apartment. 5. True or False: At first, the creature felt confused because of all of the new sensations of life. A. True
6. What happened...