A Scientific Paper
Prof. Stephen Q. Lagarde, PhD
UPV Tacloban College
In Partial Fulfilment
Of the Requirements in
English 10 (Writing Scientific Papers)
Second Semester, SY 2012-13
Ariel Carl Angelo N. Balleta
Kenn Daniel A. Cale
Ariel Anthony R. Tan
A. Statement of the Problem
‘Career Aspirations’ are, put simply, the goals you've set out to achieve in either your current profession, or your desired profession. Career aspirations differ from individual to individual, and these goals may be categorized as short-term and long-term goals, etc. For this reason, it logically follows that every individual has different needs, and it is very important that these needs are determined especially for high school students, who are still at the genesis of their potential careers. This research sought to answer the following questions:
1. What are the career aspirations of selected fourth year high school students of Culaba National Vocational School (S.Y. 2012-2013)?
2. Are the selected students inclined to pursuing a college degree or will they work without necessarily pursuing such?
3. What are the major reasons for deciding on their respective career aspirations?
4. How the career aspirations of these students be analysed and interpreted?
5. What are the implications of these career aspirations?
B. Research Objectives
The research objectives of this “Study on the Career Aspirations of Selected Fourth Year High School Students of Culaba National Vocational School” (S.Y. 2012-13) conducted on Culaba, Biliran Province are as follows:
1. To determine the career aspirations of selected fourth year high school students of the Culaba National Vocational School (S.Y. 2012-2013)
2. To determine the reasons upon which these career aspirations are anchored on.