At the end of the lesson, 75% of the students will be able to; 1. Determine the main ideas of the topic “The Climate Divide” and the reading selection “Warning on Global Warming”. 2. Identify the cause and effect on the given issues.
3. Express feelings about the topics being presented.
4. Arrive at a consensus.
5. Know the connection between the geographical problems of the countries involved in the topics and how it affects the lives of the people. 6. Note the words or group of words to fully understand the selections. 7. Improve their vocabulary.
8. Improve pronunciations.
II. SUBJECT MATTER
“The Climate Divide”
“Warning on Global Warming”
* http://www.nytimes.com/packages/khtml/2007/04/02/science/earth/20070403CLIMFEATURE.html * Adapted from South China morning post, 04.11.92
1. Multimedia Presentation
4. Bond paper
1. Call the student’s attention for the prayer and greetings. 2. Show them the multimedia about ‘The Climate Divide” 3. Motivation
a. (group work)
- divide the class into two groups for discussions. Let the groups pick between these two ideas;
1. Climate is a natural phenomenon that happens regularly.
2. Climate Change happens due to man’s careless treatment on our mother nature. Let them arrive in a consensus.
1. Let the students watch the presentation for the second time and ask them to fill the information needed to complete the table.
COUNTRY| CONDITION| CAUSE| EFFECT|
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
PRE – READING: answer the following questions.
1. What is Global Warming?
2. What do think are the causes of the occurrence of Global Warming? 3. What are the possible effects of the climate change in the lives of the people?
1. What countries are concerned in the selection?
2. What year, according to the text will the drought and famine will occur? 3. What will happen to the world economy as the occurrence of the changes experienced by the concerned countries will become worst?
1. Processing the answers to the questions rose earlier.
2. In small groups, discuss your answers to these questions. a. As a student, what can you contribute to help lessen the problem regarding this Global Warming? b. How will you promote to your community the importance of taking good care of our nature?
1. Get the meaning of the underlined words from the selection. a. Hong Kong has substantial areas built on reclaimed land and sea level rises could impact. b. China’s reliance on coal-fired power for its industrial growth did not bode well. c. Depleted fresh water supplies would be another problem. d. The growing season also is expected to alter.
e. Crop growing areas will expand but any benefit is expected to be negated.
D. Pronunciation Drill
1. Here are some words taken from the selection. These words contain sound which gives Filipino learners a hard time learning these sounds because it may not be present in the Philippine language. Practice pronouncing these words. -f-
Make a reaction paper on the multimedia presentation entitled “The Climate Divide”.
F. EVALUATION AND CLOSURE
Fill in the blanks with words given in the box to complete paragraphs.
China Famine decreased limitations Demands population Global Warming...