UNIVERSITY OF LUZON
COLLEGE OF ACCOUNTANCY
A PROPOSED AUTOMATION OF PAYROLL SYSTEM
A PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION REPORT (PIR) FOR FREEPORT SECURITY AGENCY (FREESA)
IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT FOR THE REQUIREMENTS IN SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN (CSC36)
Khristine Margie G. De Guzman
Arnold D. Azurin
A payroll system involves everything that has to do with the payment of employees and the filing of employment taxes. This includes keeping track of hours, calculating wages, withholding taxes and other deductions, printing and delivering checks and paying employment taxes to the government. A computerized payroll system saves on time and lowers your error ratio. You can enter payroll payment information quicker than with a manual system, and run payroll registers to double-check your information before printing the checks. This allows you to detect errors and adjust them beforehand
I have completed a preliminary investigation of the payroll system.This investigation was the result of a systems request from Victor GorospeJr, manager of Freeport Security Agency (FREESA). PHILOSOPHY
“Our business is to exceed Client’s expectations, every time, all the time” MISSION
The FREESA guard shall enforce rules and regulations of the clients, prevent the commission of crimes, maintain peace and order, and ensure public safety within his area of responsibility with the active support of the community. VISION
We envision FREESA GUARDS as a highly motivated, well disciplined and properly trained security guards armed with the most modern equipment and working in active partnership with our clients living up the qualities of: Professionalism, Reliability and Trustworthiness.
* securing and providing protection to the lives, properties and assets of our clients; * training and enabling qualified and professional security guards to find gainful employment, thus making it possible for their families and communities to meet their basic needs; and * fostering relationships to increase security awareness and responsibility.
To serve and protect CLIENT staff, dependents, visitors and property. • To ensure CLIENT staff and visitors feel that their workplace is a safe environment. • To respect and protect the dignity, rights and privacy of CLIENT staff and their families. • To recognize the importance of focusing on customer service that our job is not simply showing up, that what counts is being actively involved in quality tasks and good customer relations. To serve and protect CLIENT staff, dependents, visitors and property. • To ensure CLIENT staff and visitors feel that their workplace is a safe environment. • To respect and protect the dignity, rights and privacy of CLIENT staff and their families. • To recognize the importance of focusing on customer service that our job is not simply showing up, that what counts is being actively involved in quality tasks and good customer relations.
System Request Summary:
There are problems arise from the current process system of the said agency. These are the following: * long hours for updating and computing payroll
* unorganized system design
* untimely distribution of wages
* incorrectdeductions from employee paychecks
* payroll department overtime to perform manual processingtasks and make corrections. Preliminary Investigation Findings:
The following problems were found during the investigation:
1. Employee deductions are reported to the payroll department in the form of asummary list from the human resources department. Data entry errors may occur during thisprocess.
2. The payroll processing requires aconsiderable amount of manual effort on FREESA part. The FREESA does not provide summary reports required for verification, reporting and application in any employee deductions. These tasks are handled manually by payroll department staff at the end of each...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document