A plan for the business report(Qantas)
* Purpose of the report—give suggestions to my client who is interested in ethical investing by analyzing and evaluating the ethical and financial issues.
* Definition of ethical investing. (source: http://www.ethicalinvesting.com/)
* Brief description and general information about Qantas. (source: Qantas’ official website)
* Corporate Governance
* Outline the report’s section and recommendation.
* Ethical issue—fair work condition which includes fair salary and job security. (e.g. Qantas strike)
* Financial issue—share price history (2003-2012)
Evaluation of Qantas in terms of fair work condition.
* Definition of fair work condition. (source: http://www.fairwork.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx) * Overview of the fair work act. (book—understanding the fair work act 2nd edi)
* Brief description of the performance in this area of Qantas. * e.g. Qantas strike which happened in 2011–(issue: respect the rights of employees) (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Qantas_trade_union_disputes)
* Analyzing the reasons for Qantas strike and evaluating Qantas management’s performances. * Fair salary
i. Pilot—compare to Qantas airline pilots, pilots of Jetstar airline are paid less than 50% . ii. Qantas plans to lay off 1000 jobs in order to solve the problem of being loss in the international airline; however, it gave the CEO a bonus as 2 million. iii. Why it is unfair.( give the reason)
(source: Federal Court of Australia, Qantas Airway Ltd v Transport Workers’ Union of Australia (No 2) , FCA 816)
* Working condition—job security , training
Engineers—better salary and job security;
Ground staff—job security
i. Reason for Qantas staff’s argument.
ii. What does job security contain?
iii. What should an ethical company do in this...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document