FACULTY OF BUSINESS STUDIES
COURSE TITLE:RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
COURSE CODE: K301
SUBMISSION DATEJANUARY 22, 2013
COURSE TEACHERDR. KHAYER JAHAN SOGRA
ASSIGNMENT SUBMITTED BY:
1. Rizwana FerdousiID B11020 01
2. Md. Rabius SunnyID B11020 12
3. Sadman AriqID B11020 13
A New “Joe” on the Block
1. What are the top three key decisions faced by Joe?
The three top decisions faced by Joe are:
a. Joe has to decide the best location for his coffee shop b. He needs to understand what makes a coffee shop popular in United States c. Joe needs to know the coffee consumption pattern in United States.
2. What are the deliverables that an outside researcher should produce to help Joe with the Key decision? An outside researcher should be able to provide enough information through descriptive research about key problems faced by his client, “Joe”. The result should have information like right location for coffee shops; commercial areas might be more suitable for coffee shops than residential areas. Also what affects the popularity of coffee shop, whether it is the brand, services, price, products, consumer behavior and to what extent these variables have on the popularity of the coffee shops, and lastly, how often people consume coffee and what affects their consumption habits.
3. How relevant are the coffee taste studies cited above? Explain. Each study is relevant in its own way. The first two studies compared the four brands with different outcome. The study that surveyed 100 consumers form a small organics shop provides some insight into the behavior of some adamant coffee drinkers, part of which can be used in understanding the attributes of popular coffee shops. The other studies show different opinion about coffee taste preferences from different...