Features of Java Script.
* Script that executes on local Browser is called browser side scripting. * Usually Client / web surfer’s PC is called local PC.
* JS Script is embedded in the HTML page,
* When user requests particular page containing script, script executes in local browser.
* JS adds programming facility to HTML page.
* JS provides us programming facilities to certain extends. such as – Loops, Arrays, Decision making etc.
MOST COMMON USES
* Browser Detection
Detecting the browser used by a visitor at your page. Depending on the browser, another page specifically designed for that browser can then be loaded.
Storing information on the visitor's computer, then retrieving this information automatically next time the user visits your page. This technique is called "cookies".
* Control Browsers
Opening pages in customized windows, where you specify if the browser's buttons, menu line, status line or whatever should be present.
* Validate Forms
Validating inputs to fields before submitting a form. An example would be validating the entered email address to see if it has an @ in it, since if not, it's not a valid address.
How does it work?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document