This pose improves posture and stretches the spine and torso
* Start by stand with your arms at your side and your feet together.
* Slowly extend your arm outwards to the side and bring it up clasping your hands together above your head.
* Slowly rise to your toes and extend your spine creating a slight curve with your body.
* Breathe deeply and hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
* Exhale and lower your heels to the floor, release and lower your hands.
This pose improves flexibility and strengthens the core as well as tones the waist
* Standing with your feet together and bring your hands upward clasping your hands together.
* Extend your spine and bend your torso to the right.
* Keep your feet firmly on the ground.
* Breathe deeply and hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute
* Exhale and return to original position
* Repeat in the opposite direction.
This pose strengthens the claves, thighs, ankles and spine. It also stretches the inner thigh muscles, chest and shoulders while improving balance
* Stand with your feet parallel
* Start by balancing on your left leg and drawing in your right foot to your inner thigh
* Bring your hands into a prayer position against your chest
* Slowly bring your hands over your head and extending the arms
* Continue with deep breathes as your slowly extend your spine
* Hold this pose for
* Slowly bring your hands down to its original position and slowly release your foot to the floor.
* Repeat this once more with the opposite foot
this pose strengthens the thigh and knees as well as stretches the calves, hamstrings and hips
* From previous pose
* Widen your stance as far as your comfortable with
* Angle your feet straight ahead
* Bend forward at the hips making sure to keep your back straight
* Bring your head slowly downward and grasp either your ankles,... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 08). Yoga Execerise. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Yoga-Execerise-1064566.html
"Yoga Execerise" StudyMode.com. 08 2012. 08 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Yoga-Execerise-1064566.html>.
"Yoga Execerise." StudyMode.com. 08, 2012. Accessed 08, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Yoga-Execerise-1064566.html.