Chapter 23 Study Questions- The Sixities
1. Did the Latino population grow or shrink in the 1960’s ?
2. How were Latinos treated by mainstream American society ?
3. Who was Cesar Chavez and what did he do to help Latinos ?
4. What did Latino “brown power” movements advocate ?
5. What did Latinos do to enhance their political power ?
6. What was the American Indian Movements, and what did it advocate ?
7. How did the American Indian Movement engage the government ?
8. What success did Native Americans attain ?
United Farm Workers Organizing Committee
La Raza Unida
American Indian Movement
1. What kinds of discrimination did women encounter at their jobs in the 1960’s ?
2. How did women’s experiences in civil rights and antiwar protests increase their awareness of sexism ?
3. What was the impact of Betty Friedan’s book, The Feminine Mystique ?
4. What were the National Organization for Women’s goals ?
5. What factions formed in NOW ?
6. What was Roe v Wade and why was it important to women ?
7. What happened to the Equal Rights Amendment ?
8. How successful was the women’s movement in expanding opportunities for women ?
9. How did the women’s movement change the way society looks at work and careers for women ?
National Organization for Women
Equal Rights Amendment
1. How did members of the counterculture related to mainstream culture ?
2. What were the primary components of hippie life ?
3. What happened to the counterculture ?
4. What influence did hippies have on art and fashion ?
5. What did rock music mean to hippies ?
6. How did the counterculture change American social attitudes ?
7. Why did conservatives...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document