YDS İNG / 2008
YABANCI DİL TESTİ
YABANCI DİL TESTLERİNİN CEVAP ANAHTARLARI BİRBİRİNDEN FARKLIDIR. YABANCI DİLİNİZİ CEVAP KÂĞIDINIZDA AYRILAN YERE İŞARETLEMEYİ UNUTMAYINIZ.
1. Bu testte 100 soru vardır. 2. Cevap kâğıdında, sınav yabancı dilinizi (İNGİLİZCE) işaretlemeyi unutmayınız.
1. – 22. sorularda, cümlede boş bırakılan yerlere uygun düşen sözcük ya da ifadeyi bulunuz. 1. Stavanger is probably the wealthiest town in Norway, and its ---- derives mainly from oil taken from the North Sea. A) enlargement C) availability E) arousal B) prosperity D) emergence
4. With the introduction in the 1950s of more advanced sound-recording techniques which played an important part in the creation of new styles, pop music became ---- from folk music. A) distinct C) reliable E) definite B) valid D) changeable
5. At all times and in all societies, the tendency to commit crime ---- increases in early adolescence and levels off in middle age. A) randomly 2. Football owes many of its early innovations to just a few individual players and coaches who thought deeply about the ---- of the game. A) experiments C) fundamentals B) results D) possessions 6. As scientific evidence ---- shows, second-hand smoking is a serious health hazard that can lead to disease in children and nonsmoking adults. A) unfairly C) incompetently 3. Researchers who publish their work in scientific journals describe their experiments in ---- detail to be independently performed by other scientists. A) fair C) temporary E) irrelevant B) harsh D) sufficient E) clearly B) hopefully D) unremarkably C) adequately B) intentionally D) usually E) accurately
7. The ruins of the ancient city of Pompeii ---- over some 250 acres in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius. A) contain B) extend D) supply E) explore Diğer sayfaya geçiniz. C) collapse
YDS İNG / 2008 8. The element “zircon” has been important not only for understanding the age of the continents but also for ---- when life first appeared. A) determining B) approving C) providing 12. One of the great advances of astronomy over recent years ---- the discovery of planets outside our solar system, and it is the first real clue that we ---- alone in the universe. A) is going to be / mustn’t be B) is / were not C) had been / will not be D) was / would not be E) has been / may not be
9. Indo-European peoples began entering Greece in about 2000 B.C. and ---- new civilizations there. A) came out B) looked after C) set up
D) got on
E) kept away 13. It was during Queen Victoria’s reign (1837-1901) that there ---- a more democratic system of government, which ---- with the Reform Bill of 1832. A) had developed / began B) has developed / has begun
10. The air at the top of Mount Everest, which is the world’s highest peak, is so low in oxygen that most people would instantly ---- if they were exposed to it. A) pass out B) come back C) get off
C) develops / was to begin D) developed / had begun E) was developing / would begin
D) set out
E) move off
11. From fossil analysis it ---- that, at the dawn of the Cambrian period, which was 542 million years ago, there ---- a dramatic increase in animal diversity. A) had been established / has occurred B) has been established / occurred C) was established / occurs D) is to be established / had occurred E) would be established / would have occurred
14. Often it is only when people ---- to do their job that they ---- our attention. A) fail / get B) have failed / had got C) failed / have got D) will fail / are getting E) will have failed / got
Diğer sayfaya geçiniz.
YDS İNG / 2008 15. The nuclear accident that ---- at the Chernobyl reactor in April, 1986, ---- to new fears about the safety of nuclear reactors. A) has occurred / was to lead B) would have occurred / led C) occurred / has led D) could occur / had led E) had occurred / may have led 19. Life originated in the sea and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document