Writing – Tips and Topics
1 - 10 Tips for good writing
1) Read the statement carefully and make sure you understand it. Always decide on what you are going to write before you start. Make a list of your main points .Then write the 1st draft .Read it again and again and correct any possible mistakes .
2) It should be easy to identify the introduction, development and conclusion. Each section should have at least one separate paragraph.
3) Write in a clear, large script.
4) Address the entire question or statement, not just part of it.
5) Learn the rules of English punctuation and use them. Each sentence should start with a capital letter and end with a full stop , question mark or exclamation mark.
6) Write short, simple complete sentences. This style sounds strong in English 7) Do not begin sentences with the conjunctions and, or, but or because. 8) Make sure that each sentence has a clearly identifiable main subject and main verb and that they agree in number .
9) Use a variety of sentence structures; at least one question, a passive voice sentence, a conditional sentence, a long sentence, etc.
10) Use specific examples or reasons to support your ideas. Stories or examples from your personal life are best. Remember, no one is checking up to see if these stories are true. You can call me on 00968 96313702
2- TOEFL Writing Topics | |The following are TOEFL style essay examples: | |If you could change one important thing about your country, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer. | | | |What are some important qualities of a good school teacher? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important. | | | |Many people say that the internet is the most important invention ever. Do you agree or disagree with this and if not, what do you believe to| |be more important? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. | | | |Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People pay too much attention to the less important things in life and fail to see the| |larger issues. Use specific reasons and details to explain your opinion. | | | |Which do you feel is more important in your life: money or happiness? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion. | | | |A job should mean a job for life. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. | | | |Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, life is easier today than in the past. Use specific | |reasons and examples to support your answer....