1. The following graph shows the statistics of motor vehicle theft in Malaysia from 1980 – 2010. Describe the main trends identified in the graph and suggest preventive measures that can be taken on the part of the owners.
2. An international company is planning to set up a factory near your housing area. The proposed factory however, is believed to be environmentally hazardous. It will pollute the environment through thermal pollution, chemical pollution, air pollution, and noise pollution. Write a persuasive essay urging people in your neighbourhood to protest against the set up of the factory.
3. Plagiarism has become an issue of growing concern across universities in Malaysia and internationally. Discuss.
4. A goods and services tax (GST) has been proposed by the government to replace the sales and service tax which has been used in the country for several decades. Do you agree that this should be implemented?
5. Your sister has just opened a nursery school and day-care facility for pre-school aged children and now she plans to promote the nursery on the internet. She has asked you to write a promotion piece to be placed on a website to promote her nursery. Write this promotion piece.
6. Write a brief proposal to have bicycle lanes in your housing area so that those who want to cycle can do so without any harm.
7. Write a brief explanation essay on how to get a driving license in Malaysia.