1. Which countries were parts of the Triple Alliance?
* Germany, Austria Hungary and Italy.
2. Which countries made up of the Triple Entente?
* France, Russia and England
3. What 2 wars did Otto Von Bismarck conduct to unify Germany in the 19th century? * Seven Weeks War (1866) and Franco-Prussia War (1870)
4. Who was the Black Hand?
* Unification or death unofficially known as the “Black Hand” a secret military society formed by members of the Serbian Army to fight for the independence of Serbia. 5. Who did the sign the Reinsurance Treaty with?
6. What was the most important reason for the Germany wanting to sign the Reinsurance Treaty? * To eliminate the possibility of the two-front war and also reduced the political stability between the Germany and Russia. 7. This event, mediated by Bismarck of Germany, gave Austria-Hungary control of the various regions in the Balkans, while the Russians received nothing. * Congress of Berlin.
8. Why did William II not renew the Reinsurance Treaty with Russia? * Because the Russia became very worried by this change in this events, and begun to look for new allies. 9. Who was Gavrillo Princip?
* Was the man who assassinated/killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria. 10. Why was Italy not committed to helping Germany during WWI? * Because Germany and Austria-Hungary became offensive of Agreement of the Triple Alliance. 11. What caused Great Britain to declare war on Germany?
* Because Germany violate the Belgium neutrality. Germany invaded Belgium. To prevent German hegemony in Europe. 12. What was the final spark that influenced the start of World War I? *
13. What happened on July 28th 1914?
* Austria-Hungary declared a war on Serbia
14. What happened on August 1, 1914?
* Germany declared war on Russia.
15. What happened on August 4, 1914?
* British ultimatum to Germany.
16. Who dominated the seas before 1914?
17. Who was the radical revolutionary in Russia that staged a second revolution and negotiated the peace * Vladimir Lenin
18. The area between front-line trenches which was a wasteland of barbed wire and land-mines. * No man’s land
19. During the World War I, who was part of the Big Three? * Woodrow Wilson (P.S. US)
* Georges Clemenceau (PM. French)
* David Lloyd George (P.M. Britain)
20. Newspaper articles and government posters that painted a positive picture of the war would be referred to as: * Propaganda
21. How did the government powers increase during World War I? *
22. What were the Wilson’s 14 points used for?
* It was intended to assure the country, and the world, that the Great War was being fought for a moral cause for postwar peace in Europe. * Reliance on open diplomacy rather than secret agreements. * Freedom of the seas.
* Free trade.
* Adjudication of colonial claims with respect for the sovereignty of the colonial peoples. * Assistance for Russia.
* Respect for the integrity of Belgium.
* Restoration of French territories.
* Adjustment of the border of Italy based on ethnicity.
* Autonomy for the peoples of Austria-Hungary.
* Guarantees for the independence of the various Balkan states. * Self-determination for the peoples of the Ottoman Empire and free passage through the Dardanelles. * Independence for Poland.
* The formation of a League of Nations to guarantee independence for all countries, large and small. 23. What was the Treaty of Versailles?
* An International agreement signed in 1919 at Palace of Versailles that ended the World War I between Germany and the Allied Nations. 24. About how many people died during The First World War I? * About 10 million number of cost died in WWI.
Rise of Totalitarian States and Russian Revolution
1. "If we have people who are richer than...