Authors: Melissa Gunnels and Roxanne Wackeen Shankland
▪ Lesson comparing major world religions (Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism & Judaism) to gain understanding of their diversity. This will be accomplished through a written, researched paper as well as 2 chosen projects shared with peers.
▪ Students will:
▪ Research a religion using technology (internet, e-mail and web sites) and the library.
▪ Compare similarities and differences of the five major religions (Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, and Christianity).
▪ Gain an understanding and empathy for other cultures and their past and present struggles.
▪ Practice presentation skills.
Related Internet Sites (URLs):
▪ Jewish Holidays web site - http://www.jewishpost.com/festivals/
▪ The Museum of Tolerance - http://www.wiesenthal.com
▪ Overall View of Buddhism - http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/dharma/introduction/overview.html
▪ Web Site for Religions - http://www.interfaithcenter.org/religions.shtml
▪ Islam - http://www.aegsp.br/hs/ss/8thGrade/religion.html
▪ Hinduism - http://www.hinduism-today.com/
▪ Christianity - http://www.farsinet.com/iccsd/questions.html
▪ Women - http://www.religioustolerance.org/femclrgy.htm
Resources & Materials:
How Will Computers Be Used?
▪ In the computer lab, students will work on individual computers, researching topics related to their religion (on the internet).
▪ Students will use a designated computer with a CD-ROM on subject matter, chosen by teacher. This will be a work station that the class rotates through with partner, while remainder of class completes research in library or computer lab on internet.
▪ This project consists of Two Parts:
1. A written 2-3 page report
2. Projects presented orally
▪ Choose a partner
▪ Pass out the worksheet and... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 12). World Religion. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/World-Religion-1295117.html
"World Religion" StudyMode.com. 12 2012. 12 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/World-Religion-1295117.html>.
"World Religion." StudyMode.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/World-Religion-1295117.html.