1. Sample of poem (short); five stanzas (min)
Ciquain-(Greek) 5 lines
Quatrain- 4 lines
Sestet- 6 lines
Octave- 8 lines
Two play -2 lines
*Literature- (tag.) Panitikan
*Wika- (tag.) Balarila
*Pilipino writers- Filipinologist
1. Deals with the ideals, thoughts, and emotion’s of man. 2. Anything that is ever written.
3. (Greek) Litera- Letters
(French) Belles Leteres – Letters
4. It is the best form of understanding a human nature fully and to know a nation completely 5. We learn from the innermost feelings and thoughts of people. *Records of man’s experience \ consider as the story of man. *ideas- personal feelings, thoughts
*thoughts- usually think; product of the creativity of mind.
Kinds of literature:
*Figurative of speech or figurative language
1. A faithful reproduction of life
Ex: dejavu- replication on that is happening in our life.
Why? because it is a product, complementary, and documentary of life processes. 2. It illuminates life
* Enlighten; inspiration
3. Life’s story including struggles, ideals, failures, sacrifices, and happiness. *ideals- norms; what we normally follow.
* Literary genre: fiction, non- fiction
4. Appeals to man’s higher thinking
- Reasoning, interpretation
5. Means emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and creative thinking. 6. Entertains and gives pleasures.
-start to cry
- when we are motivated
7. One of the seven arts.
1. music, dance, theater, painting, sculpture, architecture, literature
2. divided into two: visual, performing
June 26, 2012
Qualities of good literature:
1. Artistry- if it appeals to your own sense of...