1. Explain the Indian caste system and evaluate its importance in societal functioning. 2. Compare and contrast Confucian and Hindu values.
3. Examine the interaction within the India’s trade network. 4. Compare and contrast China and India’s social and economic structures. 5. Compare and Contrast Greek and Indian politics.
6. Evaluate the Roman Empire from a Confucian viewpoint.
7. Explain the social hierarchy of China.
8. Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of China’s economy. 9. Discuss the roles of women in Han China and after the fall of Han China. 10. Examine cultural diffusion in early Chinese history.
11. Compare and contrast the invasions of India and the invasions of China. 12. Compare and contrast the Mauryan dynasty and the Gupta dynasty. 13. Compare and contrast classical China and the Huanghe river valley civilizations. 14. Explain the “Son of Heaven “concept.
15. Examine the Chinese views of nature.
16. Compare and contrast Daoism and Confucianism.
17. Discuss the concept of “ceremony” in upper-class Chinese life. 18. Examine how the Roman emperors controlled popular disorder. 19. Explain the Socratic Method.
20. Compare and contrast the Greek and Hellenistic approach to science. 21. Compare and contrast Chinese architecture with Greek and Roman architecture. 22. Compare and contrast Greek and Roman agriculture.
23. Explain the role of slaves in the Roman Empire.
24. Examine the influences on the first kingdoms in East Africa below the Sahara. 25. Discuss Wang Mang’s Reform Program.
26. Explain China’s uniqueness in the ancient world.
27. Explain the system of the jatis in India and its effects. 28. Compare and contrast the city states of Classical Greece and Han China. 29. Examine the effects of Germanic tribes in the western part of Roman Empire. 30. Compare and contrast the prominence of...