HOSSAM ELDEEN HUSSEIN
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) defines Workplace Violence as “any act of Violence, against persons or property, threats, intimidation, harassment, or other inappropriate, disruptive behavior that causes fear for personal safety at the worksite ". Justification for Problem Definition
Workplace violence causes a lot of devastation such as assaults, homicides, victims and their families, businesses of the experience serious repercussions, including legal action (according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), roughly 20,000 assaults and 792 homicides occurred at workplaces throughout the US in 2005 ). So workplace violence could be label as "national epidemic". List of Alternative course of action
* Businesses should to have formal & clear antiviolence policies. * Businesses should to provide adequate security.
* Managers need to be aware of at-risk employees who may commit violent acts. * Businesses should to encourage employees to report any threatening or suspicious behavior. Evaluate Alternatives
Refer to the above alternatives it's clear that, the Businesses assumed the most responsibility about mitigate & avoid workplace violence according: * Policies: Businesses are encouraged to create clear and brief policies that define a zero tolerance for workplace violence, this policy should create written documents outlining to all employees and clients are aware of them. * Adequate security : such as
* Install metal detectors security, cameras and alarms.
* Create employee badges with photos
* Hire qualified staffs who are equipped to handle with violence. * Managers' awareness: people who behave violently often announce or hint at their intentions before violence occurs. Managers, then, need to be aware of at-risk employees who may commit violent acts. * Encourage to report: Encourage employees to report...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document