World Literature Assignments
1. Each candidate is required to study independently, under the supervision of a teacher, and to submit written work for external assessment.
2. The candidate should choose the type and title of the assignment, although the choice may be discussed with the teacher. The candidate may select any aspect of the World Literature works studied in the school's programme for the assignment(s.)
3. Where the same aspect is chosen by more than one candidate, since the candidates must work independently of one another, the content of the assignments must be different.
4. Each assignment must be 1000-1500 words in length and the number of words used must be stated at the end of each assignment.
5. Quotations from works must be included in the word count, but footnotes and bibliographies are not to be included.
6. Each World Literature work may be used in one assignment only.
7. The nature of the Assignment 2 attempted must be clearly defined (e.g. comparative study, imaginative or creative piece, detailed study of one work).
8. It is preferable that each candidate should write about a different aspect in each of the assignments. It would not be in keeping with the spirit of the programme for a candidate to devote both assignments to studies on the same aspect, for example, characterization, portrayal of society, use of symbolism.
World Literature Assignment 1, 10% of final score
Assignment 1 must be a comparative study, based on at least two of the three World Literature works studied in Part 1 of the program. (Candide, Siddhartha, and The Master and Margarita) It must be between 1000-1500 words in length.
Each candidate must select an aspect of the Part 1 World Literature works for the assignment. The aspect selected must focus on some permanent link between the two or three works used for the assignment, and may reflect the interests of the candidate. however, the link... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 09). Wl1 Info. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Wl1-Info-395077.html
"Wl1 Info" StudyMode.com. 09 2010. 09 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Wl1-Info-395077.html>.
"Wl1 Info." StudyMode.com. 09, 2010. Accessed 09, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Wl1-Info-395077.html.