MTWARA TECHNICAL TEACHERS' TRAINING COLLEGE
COMMUNICATION SKILLS ANNUAL EXAMINATION
SECOND YEARS' 2012/2013
This paper consists of section A and B.
Answer all questions in section A and only four (4) questions in section B. Question number twelve (12) is compulsory.
Any guessing work must be penalized.
SECTION A Answer all questions in this section.
1. Define the following terms as used in communication.
(a) Reference book.
2. Differentiate scanning from skimming with specific examples. 3. Mention four (4) uses of comma.
4. List three (3) importance of note making.
5. What are the things to consider when preparing oral presentation? Mention at least four (4). 6. Rewrite the following books as a reference.
(a) Effective teaching, Elizabeth Perrott.1991, Singapore, Longman publishers. (b) 1990, Croom Helm Ltd publishers, Effective classroom management, Robert Laslett and Colin Smith, Great Britain.
(c) Mtanzania Daima, Waziri Mwakyembe apigwa kombora, November 12, 2012, Damson Kaijage, DSM
(d) Heriel Naftal Kida, Kai limited publishers, Arise and get rich, 2001, DSM. (e) A remedial English Grammar, Fredrick T Woob, 1965, Macmillan publishers Kong. 7. Mention four (4) levels of communication.
8. List four (4) media/channels for communication.
9. What is index? Mention three (3) features of index.
10. Mention four (5) uses of dictionary.
SECTION B Answer only four questions....