Some of the advantages of Wind power energy:
- The use of wind turbines does not generate pollution or radioactive waste like most other forms of electricity generation do. Their construction and installation has less environmental impact as well. (Z.PERRY)
- The natural source of wind power is FREE.
- Wind energy is affordable for everyone
- Wind energy is a clean renewable resource
- wind energy is said to eliminate greenhouse effect.
Some disadvantages of wind power energy:
-some animals and birds get hurt by blades on turbine
- Wind can never be predicted .Even the most advanced machinery may come out a cropper while predicting weather and wind conditions. Since wind energy will require knowledge of the weather and wind conditions on long term basis, it may be a bit impractical. Therefore, in areas where a large amount of wind energy is needed, one cannot depend completely on wind. (D'Silva)
- Wind tribunes can be destroyed by intense storms.
- The initial cost is said to be very expensive.
Cunningham, W. P. and Cunningham, M. A. (2008). Principles of environmental science: inquiry and applications (Custom 5th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill
Z. Perry Advantages and disadvantages of wind power. Retrieved November 04 2010, from http://hubpages.com/hub/advantages-disadvantages-wind
D'Silva Roy Advantages and disadvantages of wind energy. Retreived November 04, 2010, from, http://www.buzzle.com/articles/advantages-disadvantages-wind-energy.html [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 11). Wind Power. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Wind-Power-477347.html
"Wind Power" StudyMode.com. 11 2010. 11 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Wind-Power-477347.html>.
"Wind Power." StudyMode.com. 11, 2010. Accessed 11, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Wind-Power-477347.html.