Wildlife includes all non-domesticated plants, animals and other organisms. Domesticating wild plant and animal species for human benefit has occurred many times all over the planet, and has a major impact on the environment, both positive and negative. Wildlife can be found in all ecosystems. Deserts, rain forests, plains, and other areas including the most developed urban sites, all have distinct forms of wildlife. While the term in popular culture usually refers to animals that are untouched by human factors, most scientists agree that wildlife around the world is impacted by human activities. Humans have historically tended to separate civilization from wildlife in a number of ways including the legal, social, and moral sense. This has been a reason for debate throughout recorded history. Religions have often declared certain animals to be sacred, and in modern times concern for the natural environment has provoked activists to protest the exploitation of wildlife for human benefit or entertainment. Literature has also made use of the traditional human separation from wildlife. 2.Meaning Of Conservation
Conservation is the act of using and protecting resources properly. Catching animals, throwing garbage, and using and harnessing the different resources should all adhere to the proper way of conservation. 3.Importance for Wildlife Conservation
* Maintains ecological balance & the organisms have their unique positions in food chains, food webs which keep ecological balance.
* Wild life contributes to the maintenance of material cycles such as carbon and nitrogen cycles.
* For improvement and progress in agriculture, animal husbandry and fisheries the genes from wild life preserved as gene bank are utilised in breeding programmes.
* Wild life provides a number of useful products like food, medicine, honey, lac, wax, resin, etc.
* Colourful birds, insects, beautiful flowers, trees make environment beautiful.
* Nature watch and excursions to natural forests and sanctuaries are thrilling experiences. # Hunting for fun or collecting skin, tusks, horns for sale has resulted in extinction of certain species. like the tigers, elephants ,cheetah & some variety of birds. •Wildlife Conservation is important for maintaining endangered rare threatened animals n plant species. 4.Means of Wildlife Conservation
An area containing a wildlife preserve bordered by a buffer zone in which more frequent use is permitted to the public, established as a way of integrating habitat conservation with the interests of the local community. Sanctuaries
a wildlife sanctuary, may be a naturally-occurring sanctuary, such as an island, that provides protection for species from hunting, predation or competition, or it may refer to a protected area, a geographic territory within which wildlife is protected. National Parks
A national park is a reserve of natural or semi-natural land, declared or owned by a government, set aside for human recreation and enjoyment, animal and environmental protection and restricted from most development. 5.WILDLIFE PROJECTS AND THEIR SUCCESS
Indian government commenced the 'Project Tiger' in 1973-74, with the objective of restraining as well as augmenting the declining population of tigers. Under the project, nine wildlife sanctuaries were taken over and developed into tiger reserves. These reserves were developed as exact replicas of the varied terrains of the country, with their core area being free of any human movement. With time, the number of sanctuaries under the ambit of 'Project Tiger' was increased and by 2003, it had been increased to 27. Along with providing a natural habitat to the tiger, these reserves offer them protection against poaching also. The results are for all to see. After undertaking the project, the population of tigers in India has risen considerably. Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
The current WCS program in India...