Achieving Academic Success
Why college education is important to me
College education is important to me because I always wanted to be the first person in my immediate family to obtain not just an associates degree, bachelors degree , but also a masters. I believe that having a degree will allow me to be more marketable in the business world and it gives me more knowledge and information on the degreed topic. Sir Francis Bacon said “knowledge is power,” with that being said I want to obtain as much power as possible.
EN110 Achieving Academic Excellence
Directions: Be sure to make an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. For this assignment, you are asked to review and exercise your writing skills. Write a five-paragraph essay on this topic using the outline below. Your essay should include an introduction, three body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Visit this site and study how to write a five-paragraph essay. http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/five_par.htm
“Why college education is important to me”
1. Support your essay with your motivations, dreams, goals and aspirations, inspiration, plans, reasons, rationalizations, quotes, anecdotes, research.
2. Employ correct rules of sentence composition, grammar, and mechanics of style.
3. Use at least two references. Each reference must use a quoted passage and be appropriately cited to avoid plagiarism.
4. Include a bibliography at the end of the essay.
5. Turn in at least two full pages or up to three pages of writing, 12-pt. Times Roman, double-spaced.
6. Pay attention to spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
7. Use this basic outline:
b. Body Paragraph 1
c. Body Paragraph 2
d. Body Paragraph 3
This is the end of the Writing Assessment.