• The Association of Accountants is conducting a survey to determine the ranking of the top 100 accounting firms in the world. Nominal
• How many years did it take you to earn your college degree? Ordinal
• On a questionnaire which asks for gender, males are coded as 1 and females are coded as 2. Interval
• Respondents are asked to rate a list of high-tech companies as excellent, good, fair, or poor in terms of their service delivery. Ratio
• Cereal brands are arranged in an ordered sequence in which an equal interval exists between each point. Interval
• LeBron James wears the number 23 on his jersey. Ordinal
• The length of time it takes the winner of a marathon to cross the finish line. Ratio
• Students are asked to rank computer manufacturers. Ordinal
• The brand of charge card used by a customer. Ratio
• The pin number used to access your checking account. Interval
Which sampling method—simple random, systematic, stratified, cluster, convenience, judgment, quota, or snowball—is most appropriate for the following examples?
• The unemployment rate is calculated each month by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The survey consists of 50,000 households in about 2,000 counties and cities in all 50 states. Quota
• A researcher for Kraft Foods selects five states randomly, and then selects 10 supermarkets chains within each state to call for a phone survey as test markets for a new cookie. Simple Random
• A new product researcher would like to investigate the use of virtual teams. After conducting an interview with a manager, she asks for the names of other managers that use virtual teams. Cluster
• A news reporter asks people on the street their opinion about the president’s new bill. Stratified
• Jamie select Denver, Colorado; Chicago, Illinois;... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 01). Which Hypothesis-Testing Procedure Would You Use in the Following Situations. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Which-Hypothesis-Testing-Procedure-Would-You-Use-1343662.html
"Which Hypothesis-Testing Procedure Would You Use in the Following Situations" StudyMode.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Which-Hypothesis-Testing-Procedure-Would-You-Use-1343662.html>.
- MLA 7
"Which Hypothesis-Testing Procedure Would You Use in the Following Situations." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Which-Hypothesis-Testing-Procedure-Would-You-Use-1343662.html>.
"Which Hypothesis-Testing Procedure Would You Use in the Following Situations." StudyMode.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Which-Hypothesis-Testing-Procedure-Would-You-Use-1343662.html.