What is job analysis?
I.what is job analysis?
A. Job analysis defined
- is the procedure through which you determine the duties of these jobs and the characteristics of the people who should be hired for them. a)Job description the production of information on the job's activities and requirements. b)Job specifications the kind of people to hire for the job 1. Job analysis and equal employment opportunity (EEO)
- Job analysis plays a central role on EE compliance. See chapter 2
B. Methods of colleting job analysis information
3. Observation physical activity (ex: janitor, accounting clerk) and mental activity (ex: lawyer, engineer)
4. Participant Diary/Logs ex: ask workers to keep a dairy log of list of what they do during the day.
5. Other job analysis methods
C. Writitn Job descriptions
- it should include what the jobholder does, how he or she does it\, and what condition the job is performed.
- the manager writes a description of the knowledge, abilities, and skills needed to perform the job.
1. Job identification
2. Job summary
3. Relationships inside or outside the organization
4. Responsibilities and duties
6. Standards of performance description of employees duties and responsibilities.
7. Working conditions and physical environment ex: noise level, hazardous conditions, heat and others.
8. Using the internet most employers probably still write their own job description using the internet
D. Writing Job specifications
- What human traits and experience are qrequeired to do this job well?
- what qualities should the candidate should be tested
- they will relate to length of previous services, relevan training, and job performance
E. Job analysis in a jobless world
- de-jobbing reflect the fact that most workplaces need to be more flexible today.
1. the future of job...