About the Board of Investment
Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) is an agency of the Government of Thailand to promote investment in that country. It provides investment information and services for investors, as well as many incentives. And it is operated under the Ministry of Industry and is the principal government agency for encouraging investment. The BOI is available to assist you in numerous ways, including:
Enhancing Competitiveness and Investment Facilitation
• Offers an attractive and competitive package of tax incentives. • Imposes no foreign equity restrictions on manufacturing activities or on some service. • Provide assistance in the provision of visas and work permits to facilitate entry and subsequent operation for a foreign-owned business. • Waives restrictions on land ownership by foreign entities. Business Support Services
• Provides comprehensive information and advice on establishing operations in Thailand. • Arranges site visits.
• Identifies potential suppliers, subcontractors, joint-venture partners. • Provides useful contacts with key public and private organizations. • Coordinates between the foreign business community and other public agencies The BOI also acts as Thailand's marketing arm and actively promotes the country worldwide as one of the best investment locations in Asia. The BOI's 13 overseas offices (Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Seoul, Taipei, Sydney, Frankfurt, Paris, Stockholm, Los Angeles and New York) serve as Thailand's front desks in liaising with potential investors.
• Assistance in Setting Up a Business
• Information on Investment Opportunities
• BUILD: Industrial Subcontracting
• Foreign Experts
• One Stop Service Center
• ASEAN Supporting Industry Database (ASID)
• Foreign Experts Services Unit
• Investment Matchmaking
• Investor Club Association
Assistance in Setting up a Business
The BOI offers a range of valuable business-related services to the international investment community. The office helps prospective investors and promoted firms in obtaining official permits and documents required for conducting business, including visas, work permits and permanent residency permits. The BOI also assists investors in gaining access to utilities such as water, electricity and telecommunications.
Information on Investment Opportunities
The Investment Services Center and the Regional Investment Promotion Division maintain comprehensive information on investment opportunities in Thailand, both by sector and by region. Information and investment advice is readily available to both Thai and foreign investors at no charge.
BUILD: Industrial Subcontracting
The BOI Unit for Industrial Linkage Development (BUILD) encourages growth in supporting industries in Thailand. BUILD provides information on subcontracting opportunities and offers its support to buyer firms seeking sourcing networks in Thailand. It helps small and medium-sized Thai suppliers achieve standards required to enter into productive subcontracting arrangements.
To help investors from Japan learn about the Board of Investment's policies, procedures, and opportunities, the International Affairs Division includes a Japanese investment expert.
One Stop Service Center
The BOI coordinated the establishment of a One-Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits. The center can process applications or renewals of visas and work permits within three hours, assuming all required documents are provided. In addition, the center handles many other transactions, including changing visa status (to non-immigrant status from tourist or transit), payment of fines, and processing of re-entry stamps, all within three hours or less. In order to have working privilege under Thailand Board of Investment (BOI), foreign experts and...