1. To produce many copies of the same plants then which may be used to produce plants with better flowers, odors, fruits or any other properties of the plants that are beneficial to the human beings.
2. To produce plants anytime we want although the climates are not appropriate to produce a plant. Moreover, if seed is not available, it is possible to produce a plant with this method.
3. If there is plant with partially infected tissue, it is possible to produce a new plant without infection.
4. Very helpful in the genetically modified organism studies.
5. Very useful solution for the prevention of starvation in third world countries since the process id highly efficient, by using only one plant, it is possible to produce more than one thousand of the same plant with higher productive if its genome changed.
6. The equipments are cheaper when compared to the animal cell culture.
1. If large scale production is being thinking, the costs of the equipments are very expensive.
2. The procedure is very variable and it depends on the type of the species so sometimes it needs trial-and-error type of experiments if there is not any review about that species.
3. The procedure needs special attention and diligently done observation.
4. There may be error in the identity of the organisms after culture.
5. Infection may continue thorough generations easily if possible precautions are not taken
6. Decrease genetic variability. [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 04). What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Plant Tissue Culture?. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/What-Are-The-Advantages-And-Disadvantages-142097.html
"What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Plant Tissue Culture?" StudyMode.com. 04 2008. 2008. 04 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/What-Are-The-Advantages-And-Disadvantages-142097.html>.
- MLA 7
"What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Plant Tissue Culture?." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 04 2008. Web. 04 2008. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/What-Are-The-Advantages-And-Disadvantages-142097.html>.
"What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Plant Tissue Culture?." StudyMode.com. 04, 2008. Accessed 04, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/What-Are-The-Advantages-And-Disadvantages-142097.html.