2. I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate the Global Knowledge Partnership Secretariat on organising the 3rd Global Knowledge Conference successfully.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
3. Tracing the history of man, we can see that significant discoveries and inventions have transformed the livelihood of man. Discovery of fire and iron, invention of the wheel and finally the industrial revolution, were landmarks of the history of man. When the industrial revolution came, some embraced it and some didn’t or couldn’t. Seemingly there was a choice as far as the industrial revolution was concerned.
4. But the information revolution would not give you a choice. It will ultimately engulf you without you making the choice because it is unavoidable and unstoppable. Thus, it is better to embrace it as quickly as possible and benefit from it or risk being perished.
5. If we look hard enough, it is quite evident that wealth and prosperity has been the result of how we have accumulated and applied information and knowledge in our socio-economic framework. Look at the developed nations and you will see the pervasiveness of information and knowledge in their socio-economic fabric.
6. ICTs role in this phenomenon is as a catalyst. It greatly facilitates the accumulation and application of information and knowledge and enhances the efficiency of the process [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 01). Welcome Speech. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Welcome-Speech-560124.html
"Welcome Speech" StudyMode.com. 01 2011. 01 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Welcome-Speech-560124.html>.
"Welcome Speech." StudyMode.com. 01, 2011. Accessed 01, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Welcome-Speech-560124.html.