This is an outline of the three-step writing process, which should apply to your analysis of a case study. Answer the case questions related to each step directly on this form. For the three-step process questions, you may use short phrases and sentences for your answers. Then add a page break, and write your response as directed in the case study and save the document as one file.
A. Analyze the Situation
1. What is your general purpose?
2. What is your specific purpose?
3. Exactly what do you want your audience to think, feel or believe after receiving your message? 4. Who is your primary audience?
5. What is their background?
6. How are its members different from one another? 7. How are its members similar to one another?
8. What are their reactions likely to be to your message? B. Gather Information
9. What information do your readers need to receive? 10. What facts must you gather in order to create an effective message? C. Select the Right Medium
11. What medium were you told to use in the explanation of the task at the end of your resume or case? 12. If you used a different medium, why did you?
D. Organize the Information
13. What is your main idea or career focus?
14. Will you use the direct or indirect approach? 15. Why are you using the approach you chose?
E. Adapt to Your Audience
16. How will you show sensitivity to your audience's needs? 17. How much credibility do you already have with your audience? 18. How will you establish the additional credibility you need? 19. Will your tone be informal or more formal?
Compose the Message
You DO NOT have to attach your first draft.
G. Revise the Message or Resume
Please join StudyMode to read the full document