1. Which of the following choices may lead to competitive advantage (1) new products, services and business models; (2) charging less for superior products; (3) responding to customers in real time? (Points : 1)| 1 only 1 and 2
2 and 3
1, 2, and 3 |
2. An information system can be defined technically as a set of interrelated components that collect (or retrieve), process, store, and distribute information to support (Points : 1)| decision making and control in an organization. communications and data flow.
manager's analysis of the organization’s raw data. the creation of new products and services. |
3. The three activities in an information system that produce the information that organizations use to control operations are (Points : 1)| information retrieval, research, and analysis. input, output, and feedback.
input, processing, and output.
data analysis, processing, and feedback. |
4. The fundamental set of assumptions, values, and ways of doing things that has been accepted by most of a company's members is called its (Points : 1)| culture. environment.
5. The average number of tickets sold daily online is an example of (Points : 1)| input. raw data.
6. Networking and telecommunications technologies, along with computer hardware, software, data management technology, and the people required to run and manage them, constitute an organization's (Points : 1)| data management environment. networked environment.
information system. |
7. Lower global costs of labor have (Points : 1)| Left many highly skilled technical employees unemployed. increased the demand for local labor.
created a whole new set of skilled jobs in industrialized nations. allowed skilled...